What is your favorite thing about the Merryville Semi State ?

Regionrat1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and its more than likely larger than that list you just gave me lol im just tired of people bashing sean he is 17 if they have a problem just come talk ot me or my parents about it not bash him on a messageboard cause he is a kid he has fun with what he does sorry no one else agrees i dont like some of the things he does but its all him not me and not my family but come talk to me or my parents if you have a problem

and its more than likely larger than that list you just gave me lol im just tired of people bashing sean he is 17 if they have a problem just come talk ot me or my parents about it not bash him on a messageboard cause he is a kid he has fun with what he does sorry no one else agrees i dont like some of the things he does but its all him not me and not my family but come talk to me or my parents if you have a problem

I could care less if he wins or not, but when he does, do it in style.  There was not 1 reason for him to blow a kiss to the CP crowd.  They didn't boo him or say 1 word.  Even after he blew the kiss, not one CP fan said a word.  I know he blew the kiss to the crowd - I was there.  It doesn't make it alright.  I've been watching wrestling for over 25 years and I very seldom ever saw the best of the best act that way.  It was unnecessary and very unclassy - that was the point I was trying to make.  His antics will not be missed by many people.

I wish to offer you (anyone offended) my most sincere apology for my actions.  The actions were uncalled for and unacceptable..  I will say that in  no way did I mean any harm.  I respect every wrestler, coach, and fan of the sport.  I do understand the opposing point of view.  I feel that a part of me is on the mat when each one of my teammates is competing.  I get frustrated when my teammates lose and I often release my emotions when I shouldn't.  I can assure you it has nothing to do with attention, the opposing wrestler, or anything else.  Too often I replace potential with expectation.  The only resolution to this problem is to contain myself.  I have consciously made bad decisions, but I plan to consciously avoid these in the future.  The best I can do for you is learn from my mistakes and move forward...  This has been added to my list of goals.  That being said, I'm going to continue to work towards accomplishing my goals, on and off the mat.  

Sean

That would be cool! It's the only way a wrestler can make "big" money, but alas I fear he is to small.

I think dare a few smaller smaller guys on da WWE circuit. Does PHS have a drama department ? Dare you can show all your true talents !! But all joking asside good look  dis weekend and let your wraslin do all da talkin.

I wish to offer you (anyone offended) my most sincere apology for my actions.  The actions were uncalled for and unacceptable..  I will say that in  no way did I mean any harm.  I respect every wrestler, coach, and fan of the sport.  I do understand the opposing point of view.  I feel that a part of me is on the mat when each one of my teammates is competing.  I get frustrated when my teammates lose and I often release my emotions when I shouldn't.  I can assure you it has nothing to do with attention, the opposing wrestler, or anything else.  Too often I replace potential with expectation.  The only resolution to this problem is to contain myself.  I have consciously made bad decisions, but I plan to consciously avoid these in the future.  The best I can do for you is learn from my mistakes and move forward...  This has been added to my list of goals.  That being said, I'm going to continue to work towards accomplishing my goals, on and off the mat.  

Sean

well said, Sean. 

the bottom line is that it was a barnburner of a match, and there was a lot on the line.  Sean's pin tightened things up quite a bit.  and lets face it, this was two duneland teams going at it for the 3rd time in a month.  4th if you count the dac tournament. 

emotions were high, but it is over now.  everyone shook hands after the meet, and the portage announcer gave the cp team a nice send-off and wished us luck at center grove. 

Sean

I believe with an attitude like that you can and will go far in life........owning up to and learning from mistakes are what make you a better person on and off the mat! Best of luck to you and I hope to see you get #3!

Thank you, D-train! And we Portage guys will be pulling for you at state. Just as we did last year!

don't mention it macdaddy.  ;)

we have both beeen around wrestling awhile, you know how it gets!

good luck to sean and the other portage kids too.

i always pull for all the dac kids (except merrilleville). ;)

I like the atmosphere. It is INTENSE. You talk about pressure performing in front of all those people. Believe me the wrestlers are not worrying about the seating or the food.  Put up or Shut up.  The LIGHTS. Its the LIGHTS..

don't mention it macdaddy.  ;)

we have both beeen around wrestling awhile, you know how it gets!

good luck to sean and the other portage kids too.

i always pull for all the dac kids (except merrilleville). ;)

what's wrong with merrillville kids?

See, the thing with som of the portage kids who have vengeance against merrillville, comes from an evil past, aka... Pendoski. He trained his kids to hate merrillville, refusing them to shake hands after matches. And now, to carry on the torch, Vlink has taken over. Such disrespect was shown by a veteran coach who tells his kids to not shake hands at the end of a hard-fought match. Rediculous!

See, the thing with som of the portage kids who have vengeance against merrillville, comes from an evil past, aka... Pendoski. He trained his kids to hate merrillville, refusing them to shake hands after matches. And now, to carry on the torch, Vlink has taken over. Such disrespect was shown by a veteran coach who tells his kids to not shake hands at the end of a hard-fought match. Rediculous!

not this one again.  every year. 

i wrestled for coach vlink over 20 years ago.  back then noone shook the opposing coaches hands, it is not a big deal.  on the other hand, i know for a fact that coach vlink always made us shake hands with the opposing wrestler. 

Sean

Sean:  I truly commend you for taking responsibility for your actions instead of making excuses like the others.   I for one think that when you win a state championship that you have earned the right to break dance, clothes line your coaches or do a back flip - you've achieved the ultimate goal!  I don't even think it's a big deal if you are jawing at another wrestler that has been talking crap to you or about you.  My only problem with that situation is that you were disrespectful to a stand full of fans that you want cheering for you on Saturday night at Conseco.  Don't go out your senior year with people saying - yeah, he was a great wrestler, but what horrible sportsmanship.  You've earned the right to be a little cocky, but don't be disrespectful to adults or fans of other teams.  

Twisted Sister,

Thank you, not only for commending me, but for voicing your opinion.  I'd like to clear some things up with you and  I'd like to start by saying this is not a response full of hostility or attitude.  This post is meant to be sincere and help me voice my opinion..

For one,  I said that I did not mean to be disrespectful or do any harm to anyone. It will not happen again.  That's a promise to the coaches, wrestlers, and fans of Indiana high school wrestling and that includes you. 

Next, to be honest, I do not care who cheers for me when I wrestle against anyone, no matter the stage.  I haven't worked hard to try to win for them.  I've worked hard for myself, my family, my school, and my community. 

Finally, once anyone completes a high school wrestling career there are people for and against them.  As a matter of fact, those opinions are what make this board great.  I am not worried about how I will be remembered.  Whether I am loved, hated, or anything in between, I am passing the torch to those younger Portage wrestlers to keep a rich WRESTLING tradition intact.  I'm sure there will be awesome Portage wrestlers to come that will have their own personalities.  I am nothing more than another Portage wrestler.  There are many just like me and many more to come but each one will act a little differently. I emphasize wrestling tradition because that does not mean a tradition full of  unsportsmanship.  My actions in the past do not support the way I feel about sportsmanship.  That is why I have made a promise to you to fix these issues. 

I can only blame my self for my actions on and off the mat.  Off the mat I try to be as kind and friendly as I possibly can.  As I have matured in the last couple years, I have learned to use the constructive criticism of others as a tool to motivate me to improve myself as a person and a wrestler.  This situation is no different.  I do not look at anyones posts about me as negative, although others might.  I look at them as another possibility to try and make myself a better person in the future, again on and off the mat.

Sincerely,

Sean

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.