Team Regional weight ?

INDIAN219DAC

They did allow the same thing last year...

To my knowledge there were no issues regarding the 1lb. drop from Wednesday's 5:30PM weigh-in at Team Regionals to Saturday morning's weigh-in at Individual's.

As long as the 1lb. allowance is state-wide I guess they are not enforcing the rule???

A couple of years ago I worked the team regional at Jimtown and one shcool had a returning state champ at 112, and on Wednesday he came in and was allowed to wrestle 125, but then on Saturday he went back down to 112.

So ask yourself how he could do that and follow the formula of weight loss? The other coach wanted to protest the match,but the other coach had a letter from the IHSAA telling them they could do this.

I sent a letter asking them why don't they re-install what we had for years, weight class certification, where once you certify at a weight, you could go up two weights but once you did you couldn't come back down, because now you have recertified up two weight classes.

End of YO YOing between Wednesday and Saturday, KISS-- keep it simple stupid.

You do get the extra pound at team regional. However, you also have to follow your individual weightloss plan. For example if you weighed 130lbs when they did your skinfold test you can drop 1.95lbs per week (130 x .015 = 1.95). If you divide 1.95 by 7 (days) you get .278lbs . Multiply .278 by 3(days) and you get .835lbs. So you could use .8 of the extra pound at team regional.

You do get the extra pound at team regional. However, you also have to follow your individual weightloss plan. For example if you weighed 130lbs when they did your skinfold test you can drop 1.95lbs per week (130 x .015 = 1.95). If you divide 1.95 by 7 (days) you get .278lbs . Multiply .278 by 3(days) and you get .835lbs. So you could use .8 of the extra pound at team regional.

OK this is now officially stupid! Not the response, it is a good explanation. The process, stupid. If it takes this level of explanation it is wrong!

Every kid gets something out of the extra pound. If you were 106lbs when you did the skinfold test you would still be able to weigh 105.6 at team regional and still make 105 for individual regional. Its better than nothing. If we complain about it a lot the IHSAA might just take it away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.