Team Regionals (wed)

rebels8

Yes i agree, great kid just a stupid decsion. He was my pick to win under the lights on saturday night at 152!  :(

he was mine to its gonna suck having to watch perry without their best wrestler but thats how its goes sometimes with teenagers bad decisions

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF Blo. South can beat Franklin then they will upset Perry.  Franklin matches up well with BS though.

So Tonte is out for the tournament?  Thats a huge loss and pretty much 6 points in every dual.  Huge loss

IF Blo. South can beat Franklin then they will upset Perry.  Franklin matches up well with BS though.

So Tonte is out for the tournament?  Thats a huge loss and pretty much 6 points in every dual.  Huge loss

That is a possible 12 point swing . If that happens Perry is toast !  Just look at the last match up (North Montgomery) If Bloomington South is at full strenghth and IF Tonte is out then look for BS to challenge.It would tighten up and come down to bonus points; maybe even criteria. Obviously I pick Bloomington over Franklin, no disrespect, I am just going by the numbers.

he was mine to its gonna suck having to watch perry without their best wrestler but thats how its goes sometimes with teenagers bad decisions

Jacob is a great kid first of all, this is a tough time for PM first at the start of the season loosing our strongest most physical wrestler JRob I know it hurt a few of our bigger guy's him being out of the practice room,then the problems with keeping a 71lber, now with Jacob and possibly Clem being out. But you know what PM has one of the strongest wrestling cores in the state with about 8 great coaches. I believe they will pull together when it counts and advance, but it will be very tough. Best of luck to everyone tonight, just hope everyone comes out healthy and injury free.    LET"S GO PERRY I believe this will bond alot of the wrestlers and they will all step up, the Team has alot of confidence in there coaches and I KNOW Coaches Tonte and Schoettle will have them fired up tonight and the rest of the tourny.

Jacob is a great kid first of all, this is a tough time for PM first at the start of the season loosing our strongest most physical wrestler JRob I know it hurt a few of our bigger guy's him being out of the practice room,then the problems with keeping a 71lber, now with Jacob and possibly Clem being out. But you know what PM has one of the strongest wrestling cores in the state with about 8 great coaches. I believe they will pull together when it counts and advance, but it will be very tough. Best of luck to everyone tonight, just hope everyone comes out healthy and injury free.    LET"S GO PERRY I believe this will bond alot of the wrestlers and they will all step up, the Team has alot of confidence in there coaches and I KNOW Coaches Tonte and Schoettle will have them fired up tonight and the rest of the tourny.

Are you confirming Tonte is out ? The last time you started talking like this was just before the Mishawaka Match. That is a scary thought !!!

Fort Wayne SS Rankings Used

Bellmont                               vs.                                    Yorktown

103-Jacob Girod (14-21)                               #3 Brock Bevans (35-5)

112-Blake Adams (15-17)                                    Schyler Phillips (31-10)

119-Bobby Keuneke (21-15)                                Jake Anderson (30-7)

125-Dewey Melcher (9-10)                           #1 Derek Bevans (42-0)

130-Carlin Hormann (25-10)                      #1 Devon Jackson (41-0)

135-#4 Brooks Faurote (32-4)                      #1 Andrew Hiestand (37-1)

140-Will Busse (19-12)                                         Josh Rench (25-11)

145-Andy Weaver (5-13)                                     Cody Harper (34-5)

152-Jon Mahlan (23-11)                                 #4 Caleb Smith (28-10)

160-#3 Ryley Hankenson (28-6)                       Andie Higgins (13-13)

171-Anthony Stebing (18-9)                          #3 Trent Castner (36-5)

189-#1 Travis Thatcher (34-0)                     #4 Grant Brown (31-7)

215-#2 Andrew Bultemeier (27-4)                    Scott Neff (29-12)

285-#3 Daniel Meyer (31-4)                          #1 Ross Janney (39-0)

Favorites, in my opinion are in italics.

Just so I have something to be happy about after writing all this down and realizing just how stacked Yorktown is, I put all of the seniors in BOLD.

I can see why you were not happy when looking at this match up on paper.  The Hanger will be rocking!!

sEE YOU THERE DECBELL!!

I can see why you were not happy when looking at this match up on paper.  The Hanger will be rocking!!

sEE YOU THERE DECBELL!!

I have to wonder if they will move Faurote to 140 looking for a possible win or even move Hankenson to 171. Not sure who they have that's decent yet who could go 160 then.

I have to wonder if they will move Faurote to 140 looking for a possible win or even move Hankenson to 171. Not sure who they have that's decent yet who could go 160 then.

Bellmont needs to beat Hiestand and Rench if they want to win this match, I don't think they gain anything by most likely giving up 6 points to Hiestand.

If you went straight up

135 Hiestand-3

140 Busse-3

145 Harper-6

or  bumped

135 Hiestand-6

140 Faurote-3

145 Harper-6

I will be at the Greencastle Regional tonight (Bloom South, Franklin Comm, Avon and Perry).  I will not have the ability to post results but if someone wanted to volunteer to post and will give me a phone number I can text them and get results posted asap. Send me a message if you don't want to post a number to the public.

Wasn't it Wawasee that last beat them and was that at semi-state or regionals ?

Yep, I was 10 years old and it still hurts, 31-30 at Bellmont. From what I can remember, it was the loudest dual meet I ever remember attending.

That was at Team Semi-state in 1997. Now there is no semi-state. Only Regionals now.

Tonte is out  ;D. So Blomington needs a win at 152 that's a 9 point swing if they can pull out a win at 152.

Tonte being out is not a smiley face.  You have to feel badly for those involved...nobody wants to come into the state tournament short handed...it's a lot of hard work for everyone involved....the best team should win, and the best team should be the one that beats everyone's strongest lineups!  I hate seeing kids out of the tournament...I think I know nearly all the kids that are already out for "unforseen" circumstances...all have paid their dues in wrestling.  It does make the regional very interesting now though!  Let's see how Coach Tonte can work some strategy....if Perry has depth they may do well.  B.S. and Franklin are tough cookies though!!!!  I admire all the programs involved.  Good luck to all the teams and all the kids!!!  This is the time of year I get to coach our team, as well as watch all the kids I get to see in the off season.  Great kids!

Tonte being out is not a smiley face.  You have to feel badly for those involved...nobody wants to come into the state tournament short handed...it's a lot of hard work for everyone involved....the best team should win, and the best team should be the one that beats everyone's strongest lineups!  I hate seeing kids out of the tournament...I think I know nearly all the kids that are already out for "unforseen" circumstances...all have paid their dues in wrestling.  It does make the regional very interesting now though!  Let's see how Coach Tonte can work some strategy....if Perry has depth they may do well.  B.S. and Franklin are tough cookies though!!!!  I admire all the programs involved.  Good luck to all the teams and all the kids!!!  This is the time of year I get to coach our team, as well as watch all the kids I get to see in the off season.  Great kids!

I agree, what kind of and idiot is happy a kid's H.S wrestling career is over. The Tontes have put countless hours into Indiana wrestling for you to be happy he is out shows you are Classless. Thanks Brian for speeking up, its an upsetting time Jacob has been a great part of Perry's success since he started in the sport.  As a parent or fan of the sport SHOW SOME RESPECT!!

I agree, what kind of and idiot is happy a kid's H.S wrestling career is over. The Tontes have put countless hours into Indiana wrestling for you to be happy he is out shows you are Classless. Thanks Brian for speeking up, its an upsetting time Jacob has been a great part of Perry's success since he started in the sport.  As a parent or fan of the sport SHOW SOME RESPECT!!

I am a Bloomington South Parent and I agree! I don't want any excuses. Give us the best and we will beat them. I do not know the reasons that Jacob is out but I hope that he and his family are OK.

I am a Bloomington South Parent and I agree! I don't want any excuses. Give us the best and we will beat them. I do not know the reasons that Jacob is out but I hope that he and his family are OK.

Give you the best and you will beat them that is funny!! Perry will win without Jacob. Coaches will have the boys fired up tonight. Look for a good dual.

Give you the best and you will beat them that is funny!! Perry will win without Jacob. Coaches will have the boys fired up tonight. Look for a good dual.

That's the attitude, never die! Good for you Caliboy189....I would not expect any less from a real fan. But you're gonna lose!

That's the attitude, never die! Good for you Caliboy189....I would not expect any less from a real fan. But you're gonna lose!

I say Perry wins by about the same amount as at N.Mont expect a couple of upsets tonight, from Perry they will step there game up. We will see the other teams that advance at Center Grove in a few weeks.

I say Perry wins by about the same amount as at N.Mont expect a couple of upsets tonight, from Perry they will step there game up. We will see the other teams that advance at Center Grove in a few weeks.

So you are taking PM -9 points on a six pack bet?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.