Weigh-Ins for sectionals?????

Question- I know that a wrestler needs to have 6 weigh-ins for the sectional at a weight in order to wrestle it, and that one of those weigh-ins has to be at scratch weight.  So here are my questions.

1.  Is this six deifferent acctual weigh-ins, or does a multi-team event dcount as two weigh-ins?

2.  Do future wiegh-ins at the regional,  semi-state and state count, or do the six total have to be before sectionals?

3.  If a wrestler does not meet the criteria are they not allowed to wrestle in the tournament?

4.  If you needed an extra weigh-in could you weigh a varsity kid in at a J.V. meet, and if you do this does that count toward your season total for weigh-ins even if he doesnt wrestle?  Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

what if a kid makes scatch weight once at a tournament seeing 5 dual matches then has wrestled up a weight all year until the allowance. i just calculated that there are four more meets for the team so that is only 5 weigh-ins for the actual weight. will he be able to wrestle that weight then for sectional?

Vito covered some of it above:

6 total weight-ins at any weight before sectional seed meeting.  

One weigh-in must be at scratch weight for the weight you want to wrestle for sectionals (follow weight managment plan for that weigh-in to count)

Not all have to be at your sectional weight (2 pound allowance weigh-ins do count towards number)  

Each event counts as a seperate weigh-in (a 5 way doesn't count as 5 weigh-ins and I believe 2 day tournament does not count as 2 weigh-ins)

One of the 6 weigh-ins (at any weight) must be in January.

I thought that you needed to have  6 at the weight you are wrestling. From what Mattm has you really only have to make weight one time during the season and you can wrestle it at sectionals?

Provided the wrestler makes weight at sectional and abides by his individual weight management plan.

An older rule used to required a certain number of wiegh-ins at your qualifying sectional weight.  A newer rule does not clarify that the 6 all have to be at sectional weight or below.

1. All wrestlers must have a minimum of six (6) ?qualifying? weigh-ins prior to Monday, January

25, 2010 which is the Monday prior to the sectional and the day of the seeding meetings.

The six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur between November 16, 2009 and January 25,

2010. Additionally, one of the six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur in the month of

January 2010 and at least one (1) of the qualifying weigh-ins must be at scratch weight for

the weight class the wrestler is entered into the IHSAA tournament series. A weigh-in at

scratch weight is defined as a wrestler weighing in at or below the actual poundage of the

weight class (i.e. ? a wrestler weighs in at 111.9 achieves a scratch weigh in for the 112

pound weight class)

2. A qualifying weigh-in occurs when a wrestler weighs in at or above his/her minimum weight

for that date as determined by the individual wrestler?s weight management plan. As per

IHSAA by-law 60-2.b, a weigh-in for a tournament shall count as one weigh-in toward the

total of six (6).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.