Evansville Mater Dei Holiday Classic

SANDMAN1962

Hope to see you all down there! This could be Sullivans last time to go to this AWESOME tournament! I was told the school board is cutting funding for it. What a shame!!!! Im going to see what it costs to send our team to it and organize fund raiser/s to keep us going if possible! Any way, who are your picks  for individual champions there? Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

IND. CHAMPIONS

103-Ervin -Un.Co.

112-Kief -Franklin

119-Bradbury-Trinity

125-Henderson-MD

130-Martin-NA

135-Weinzapfel-MD

140-Ervin-Un.Co.

145-McCauley-Trinity

152-Sims-MD

160-Fuderich-Sullivan (Could Be Last Champ from School)

171-Hitchings-Trinity

189-Bohn-Trinity

215-IDK?????

285-Sandwith-Memorial

TEAMS

1st-TRINITY

2nd-MATER DEI

3rd-UNION CO.

champions

103.Ervin

112.Kief

119.Bradbury

125.Henderson

130.Martin

135.Thomas

140.Ervin

145.does Munster still come down if not i will pick McCauley

152.Simms

160.Fudurich

171.Hitchings

189.Bohn

215.Froehlich

285.sandwith

TEAM PLACE

1.Mater dei

2.TRINITY

3.Franklin Co.

4.union Co.  this team has holes in the lineup but they are built for a tournament like this watch out and ill see you  tuesday

champions

103.Ervin

112.Kief

119.Bradbury

125.Henderson

130.Martin

135.Thomas

140.Ervin

145.does Munster still come down if not i will pick McCauley

152.Simms

160.Fudurich

171.Hitchings

189.Bohn

215.Froehlich

285.sandwith

TEAM PLACE

1.Mater dei

2.TRINITY

3.Franklin Co.

4.union Co.  this team has holes in the lineup but they are built for a tournament like this watch out and ill see you  tuesday

I am thinking you all forgot 112 Trinity

112 Fahay (Trinity)will win very easily over Kief

O boy you say Fahay wins easy over Keif this is a totaly diffrent Kief than most people have seen. Watch out for the two central IN teams Franklin is already battel tested from the Traicoff and have looked pretty sharp in the lower weights, and have an absoulute beast sophmore at 215. avon not as tuff as a few years ago but have some solid wrestler especially at 140 and 135. 135 will be the tuffest weight class by far.

Fahy will beat kief.  No offense.

Trinity probably will not will the tournament.

However

Fahy

Bradbury

Hitchens

Champions

Ervin 103

Ervin 140

Champions

For kentucky that is solid.

Tough tournament but these are locks.

Hopefully sims also.

kief and fahy will be a great match this year, saying kief will lose is a pretty bold statement apparently you have not seen kief wrestle this season

This was the result of their match last year.

103 ? Championship: John Fahy (Trinity) pinned Dusty Kief (Franklin) 3:43.

Did anyone see this match? How was the match going up to that point? Did Fahy control the entire match or was it close up to the pin? How did Kief get pinned?

kief did get caught last year, don't believe that will happen this year. Fahy's results this year are not as impressive as they have been in the past.  As i said it will be a great match to watch this year. We will find out wednesday!           

I do not know anything about Fahy's results this year. What makes you believe that they are not as impressive as they have been in the past?

IND. CHAMPIONS

103-Ervin -Un.Co.

112-Kief -Franklin

119-Bradbury-Trinity

125-Henderson-MD

130-Martin-NA

135-Weinzapfel-MD

140-Ervin-Un.Co.

145-McCauley-Trinity                                                                                          I added this! LOL!

152-Sims-MD

160-Fuderich-Sullivan (Could Be Last Champ from School)      FUDURICH   Pronounced   FEW      DER     ITCH        Hardly ever get it right! Sorry Holden!    DAD, LOL!

171-Hitchings-Trinity

189-Bohn-Trinity

215-IDK?????

285-Sandwith-Memorial

TEAMS

1st-TRINITY

2nd-MATER DEI

3rd-UNION CO.

103    IRVIN

112    KIEF

119  Bradbury

125  Henderson

130  Martin/ Walker

135  Weinzapfel

140  ERVIN

145  McCauley /  Cox

152    SIMS

160    FUDURICH    Come on Holden!!!! Make it 2 IN A ROW!!!!

171    Hitchings

189  Bohn

215  FROEHLICH

285  SANDWITH

Those are my picks!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THESE FINE YOUNG MEN!!!!!!!!

This was the result of their match last year.

103 ? Championship: John Fahy (Trinity) pinned Dusty Kief (Franklin) 3:43.

Did anyone see this match? How was the match going up to that point? Did Fahy control the entire match or was it close up to the pin? How did Kief get pinned?

score was something like 8-0 before the pin.  Don't remember how he got pinned. 

103    IRVIN

112    KIEF

119   Bradbury

125   Henderson

130   Martin/ Walker

135   Weinzapfel

140   ERVIN

145   McCauley /  Cox

152    SIMS

160    FUDURICH     Come on Holden!!!! Make it 2 IN A ROW!!!!

171     Hitchings

189   Bohn

215   FROEHLICH

285   SANDWITH

Those are my picks!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THESE FINE YOUNG MEN!!!!!!!!

130 witt from floyd central will beat both of those guys. i saw both witt and martin wrestle in different weight classes at the hhc duals and witt is in better shape and a better wrestler. their 145 moberly could come away with first as well.

Fahy was dominating Kief before he pinned him.  i thought Fahy was close to a tech fall when he pinned him, but i've slept several times since then.  Is Ervin at 103 even allowed to wrestle since he is in 8th grade?

Trinity and Franklin (combined to pick off MD wrestlers) may have enough to knock off MD this year.  Trinity may get 4 champs and MD may only get 2.  MD will have to make it up in the wrestle backs, or it could be the first time they have lost their own tournament.  It will be a great two days of wrestling.  

Is Ervin at 103 even allowed to wrestle since he is in 8th grade?

I think it is up to the host school. There is an IHSAA by-law that allows him to wrestle, but I think the host school has the option to deny him (based on liability reasons). This topic came up when UC was at the Harrison 10-way. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.