Team Rankings 12/13

decbell1

if you dont take the previous week into consideration, then if a team were to be 0-10 then beat a team like Mish or CP or Evan MD, wouldn't they jump to the top of the rankings?

thats a very big IF.....

But if a team that was 0-10 beat one of those teams, i wudnt be pissed that they made the rankings.

Could you explain why you chose not to put Westfield even in the "under consideration" area, despite their beating Lawrence North and Munster and losing by 4 to Cathedral?  I'm not sure there's a spot in the Top 20 for them--it's crowded--but it seems as if they should be in the 17-25 range.

Could you explain to me where it says Westfield beat Lawrence North???????????

If they did, that really throws a wrench in all of the central Indiana spots.

According to the results page, LN finished ahead of Westfield and beat them 35-34.

In the NWI Times results, Cathedral, LN, and Westfield are all listed as having 3-2 records.  This would mean that they all beat Munster and went 1-1 against each other in their pool.  I couldn't figure out this discrepancy since LN is then shown in the round-by-round scores to have gone 4-1 and Westfield 2-3.  I looked around further and I promise I saw another post somewhere that the discrepancy was that Westfield had beaten LN and the 35-34 NWI Times score was a misprint.  But now I can't find it!  I must be mistaken.  Can anybody clarify this for sure?

Although answering back with sarcasm or your rudeness would be much easier, I'll just reply with facts.

Penn has not wrestled anyone yet to show me they belong in the top 20. "Destroying" teams that are not anywhere close to the Top 20 doesn't show a whole lot. I guarantee that all 20 teams in this week's rankings would have won the Charger Invite.

As previously stated, I don't look at the previous week's rankings when I rank the current the top 20.

If it's any consolation, Penn was #21, and Jeffersonville, although losing three times, had a very, very strong showing at Jasper this weekend, and is definitely deserving of a Top 20 Ranking.

Are there any more spots that you want to bash, or are you only picking one team a week?

I guess we will see how many of your top 20 can get within 15 of Mishawaka, like Penn did tonight . your #2 (At the time) Crown Point coudn't do it.

As I keep saying, my rankings are a strict picture of what has happened in the season SO FAR.

I just got reamed in my own hometown paper (the writer there thinks that Bellmont should be 9th), so keep the criticism coming

As for the Westfield vs. LN debacle, next week's rankings will reflect this error on the results page. (It will also shake up the rankings a little bit.)

O, and I am pretty sure that if I would have ranked Crown Point any lower than #2 in the first sets of rankings, I would have lost my job......

As I keep saying, my rankings are a strict picture of what has happened in the season SO FAR.

I just got reamed in my own hometown paper (the writer there thinks that Bellmont should be 9th), so keep the criticism coming

As for the Westfield vs. LN debacle, next week's rankings will reflect this error on the results page. (It will also shake up the rankings a little bit.)

O, and I am pretty sure that if I would have ranked Crown Point any lower than #2 in the first sets of rankings, I would have lost my job......

And what I've been saying all along, is that Penn is EASILY a top 20 team, probably top 10 . They easily handled your preseason honorable mention Elkhart Central by 40 . They then easily win the Harvest Classic , putting 10 wrestlers in the finals . They then easily win the charger Invite and wrap up the victory before the final round ,winning by 150 points over another one of your honorable mention teams (Elkhart Memorial) . You stated that all 20 of your picks would of won the charger Invite . This may be true ,  but how many would win in dominating fashion , like Penn did ?

Westfield beat LN 35-34. There was a 3 way tie for places  5-7 between Westfield, LN, and cathedral. The tie criteria was total points scored in the tournament. I dont know the specifics though.

It is important to remember that Cathedral was forfeiting two weight classes which wold have definitely effected the outcome.

Exactly why the rankings are a piece of cake....anyone else want the job???

ff

Man I would have to get a shirt for every day of the week if I were to do the ranking!

And I don't think anyone can compete with bell nice job you work is really appreciated    

thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.