Fort Wayne Luers Inv.

mockdad79

according to huntingtoWn north web site the teams are fw luers, huntingtoWn north, north miami, broad ripple, leo, hertiage, lawrence central, northrop, and whitko. there should be another team but was not listed.

I think the other team was Wabash, but I'm not sure if they are still a part of it or not.

Bishop Luers High School Corey Kennerk Invitational

Teams: Bishop Luers, Northrop, Huntington North,

South Side, North Miami, Broad Ripple, Maconaquah, Heritage,  Lawrence Central, & Whitko

Opening Ceremony 9:30 a.m.

Round 1 10:00 a.m.

Finals Start approximately 3:30 p.m.

Last Years Winner - Whitko

Outstanding Wrestler ? Tony Lovejoy ? Bishop Luers

Thank you Mr. Carson for the team listing.  Do you have an idea what pools each team will be in or is that determined at that coaches meeting?  Would like to see HN and Whitko have another opportunity to wrestle again especially if they would be battling for the championship for your well ran invit.  Love the concession stand  !

I too would like to see Whitko and Huntington meet again. It was an exciting meet to watch. I'll especially be interested to see the Gilbert - Eckert match. Huntington has improved and I think it was their first loss of the year, but I think Whitko will be too much for them again.

I would pick Lawrence Central winning, followed closely by Whitko and Huntington North. HN has great speed and finesse, I was amazed at their tilts. They seem a little young and can get sloppy, and after seeing Whitko last year I would say that should be a close one.

No real standouts, but usually some very solid guys. Whitko is getting more solid and Huntington has good technique for the most part, they'll be close matches. Lawrence Central typically sees tougher competition and wrestles hard, while Whitko and HN tend to see much smaller, worse teams and does very well. When it comes down to the wire in a close meet I'll take someone who has to wrestle much tougher teams anyday. Will my guess be right? Maybe, maybe not, but we'll see. I'm used to being wrong in predictions.

I would have to agree with the strength of schedules but HN has wrestled Bellmont and Whitko will wrestle in the Bellmont Invit. (Mish,Perry Meridian,Penn, and Bloom South) Jan 9.  The new castle semi rankings have Lawrence Central's 285, 215, and 152 returning has SSQ.  Their 103 is stated ranked at #16.  If someone had the individual results for the Bloom South match it would give us some idea if HN or Whitko had a shot at Lawrence Central.  Anybody  know  why Leo dropped out?

I was there to see HN vs Belmont and wasn't that impressed. They had good speed, but got sloppy. If they tune up and keep their speed and those awesome tilts I would take HN over LC, but for now I stand my ground.

103: Lc Wins By Tech Chas Busz Whitko

112: Lc Wins Decision Austin Letourneau

119: Wh Jordan Gilbert Wins Bye Pin Lc

125: Wh Dylan Letourneau Wins Pin LC

130: Wh Dan Rothegeb Wins Pin LC

135: Wh Cody Bays wins Major LC

140: Wh Ian Pherigo Wins Decison LC

145: Lc Wins bye Pin Josh Busenbark

152: LC Wins bye Pin Bobby Mundy

160: Wh Cord Feasby Wins bye Decison LC

171: Wh Austin Striggle wins bye pin LC

189: LC wins bye pin Wes Gensch

215:LC wins bye decision Tyler Newsome

285:LC wins bye decision Drake Brainard

Great coach Matt Koontz, state champ, Purdue wrestler, believe 10 years coaching at Whitko Young coaching staff Matt Elridge. Frank Bumgardner,Steve Zimmerman and Brett Bailey.  All the coaches involved youth and Middle School programs. For a 2a football school, It is awesome to be able to compete against the bigger schools.  Whitko is very fortunate to have such a  good program

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.