Am I seeing things...

tabbcam

However,  he went away from the norm of wearing the Super 32 singlet you are awarded for making the finals.  Maybe he figured he had been winning with the Warren singlet before that point so go with what works.

15-2

During School Year Out-of-Season

15-2.1

Individual Sports (Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Wrestling)

a. Students may participate in non-school contests as individuals or as members of a non-school team in non-school contests provided that participation during school time is approved by the school principal or his/her designee.

b. Coaches, from a member school coaching staff, may coach students in that sport if NOT under the organization, supervision and operation of the member school.

c. Member schools may not organize, supervise or operate athletic practices or interschool athletic contests.

d. Member schools may not provide school-owned uniforms (jerseys, shirts, shorts, pants, singlets, or swimsuits, etc.) worn by the student in non-school contests.

We'll just assume (for now) he bought his own singlet, as some teams let you do.   I'm sure that idea wasn't even thought of when the rule was written and I'm sure it still goes against the point of it somehow, but by the rules wording buying it would make it allowable.

Coming from a military background I understand rules and regulations....We have already taken God, moral's, discipline and who knows' what else out of our school systems.  Let's just go ahead and take school pride away why we are at it.  Before long all sports will be banned because it just isn't fair for everyone.....Sorry, just venting......Let the teachers/coaches be leaders and let the kids be kids.

I am not trying to offend anyone by this but these kids and teachers/coaches are everyone's future......As far as I am concerned, wear your school colors with pride and make sure you teach your kids the same....

I fully agree the world is in turmoil and were worried about what kind of singlet a person wears.  WHO CARES?  My son has a really neat singlet that has Christ himself on it, you want him to take it off because it offends someones views or rules.  NO WAY infact I dream someday he could wrestle in some tournament in the Middle East and wear it showing support for what he believes!!!!!  The singlet doesn't make the wresstler the man behind it does  you go Brandon wear your school proud no matter where you wrestle!

Why not ban school t-shirts at these events?  Why would we want an athlete to have any sort of identity at this age?  Athletes don't need to have feelings of pride and belonging do they?  Heck, why not dropoff the whole team a mile from the venue and make them all find their own way, enter different entrances, wearing nothing but white t-shirts?  Sometimes we make rules that just don't make any sense at all  :-[

The rule is not designed to stop school spirit or nitpick at little items like what you wear.  It is designed to try and keep USA Wrestling season seperate from IHSAA season.  The rule comes down to a school team not being allowed to sponsor or associate with an athlete during an off season event.  I know it sounds like small details, but if the two are not keep seperate then athlete can lose some of their IHSAA season because they participated in extra wrestling events supported by their school that occured outside the IHSAA set dates and time for wrestling. In other words the rules was put in place to ensure you know to wear your school singlets during IHSAA season and your USA wrestling singlet during that season.

Understandable...  Officials often refer to this as the 'spirit' of the rule.  However, why enforce something that has so little to do with the practice that you are trying to police.  The HS coaches are coaching the clubs IN THE HS WRESTLING ROOMS, using HS utilities, and running tournaments that consume the durable goods of the public school venues.  Why would you put it to a kid for wearing the uniform that he will wash at home?  We are policing something that has nothing to do with the 'real problem' that you suggested (and I am not arguing) in the spirit of the rule.  If you don't want HS athletics sponsoring USA Wrestling than it seems more appropriate to police the use of the facilities and the staff.  Seems implausable?  That's my point... don't go after the kids over a uniform!  That is as silly as saying, "no HS team shirts." 

Coming from a military background I understand rules and regulations....We have already taken God, moral's, discipline and who knows' what else out of our school systems.  Let's just go ahead and take school pride away why we are at it.  Before long all sports will be banned because it just isn't fair for everyone.....Sorry, just venting......Let the teachers/coaches be leaders and let the kids be kids.

I am not trying to offend anyone by this but these kids and teachers/coaches are everyone's future......As far as I am concerned, wear your school colors with pride and make sure you teach your kids the same....

spoken well

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.