Tito Ortiz vs Mark Coleman

wildcatcountry97

Wht even talk about this fight?  Both are no longer relevant in the sport.  I do not understand this fight? It seems like a fight to help push Tito and give him some more credibility that he can still fight.

Let me clearify bearely beat -  Bonner is not one of the elite in that weight class, and Coleman couldn't even finish the fight. I did not mean it was close on the scoring. (sorry for the confusion)

I think Tito will dominate, win one more fight against a weak opponent, and then have another big fight.

*I'm going out on a limb to say they bring back Tito slowly let him re-build his career, and then bring Chuck Liddell back for one last fight to beat Tito down!!!

Tito's last two fights were against Machida, (who is the champion) Tito gave him a good fight.  And Rasad evans who was the champ, Tito actually beat him but a point was deducted because he grabbed the cage.  Tito says his back is healed and he feels better than ever.  I am a tito fan no just because hes with jenna jamison, but i met him in Kuwait in 07.  He was a patient with everyone an took tons of pictures.  I could def. see the arrogance in him. 

tito can still compete with the top ten at 205.  I got him at #13 and Coleman at #15

coleman has fought the very best in MMA at 45 years old he can still compete.  He beat shogun once and was beating him again until he lost. Shogun is fighting for a title now. 

Fedor

Big nog

Shogun twice

Cro Cop

fujita

frye

rizzo

severn

• 4 weeks later...

Wht even talk about this fight?  Both are no longer relevant in the sport.  I do not understand this fight? It seems like a fight to help push Tito and give him some more credibility that he can still fight.

I have a different spin on this fight, and I think I know why Dana set it up.  Dana has hated Tito for a long time.  The last fight on Tito's contract was against Lyoto.  The casual fan had no idea who Lyoto was.  Even though he was undefeated, he hadn't fought on big cards.  The educated fan had seen Lyoto's past fights, and who he had beaten in the past.  I think a lot of educated fans knew that Tito would lose that fight.  I think Dana knew it, and I also think he knew that it would portray the image of a washed up fighter to the casual MMA fan, and Tito fans because the casual fan only cares about the Icemans, Titos and Rampages of the world.

Now you have this fight.  Tito's signed a deal with EliteXC, and it went bankrupt before he could fight.  He hasn't been able to sign a big deal with anyone else.  Then, he suddenly has back surgery.  He's completely out of shape.  He shoots a video of his first day back in training, and he's puking all over the place, but he already has a contract signed to fight Mark Coleman.  Yeah Mark Coleman's old, but he's in shape and hasn't recently had his spine cut into pieces.  The casual fan will say that Tito got beat by an old man.  In reality, Tito isn't ready to fight.  Mark Coleman is a better wreslter, and Tito won't get his ground and pound going.  He's going to lose.  Dana 2, Tito 0.

awood3:

interesting way to look at this fight.  Dana better have a back up plan because if Tito was to somehow beat Coleman, Dana could be in a very ugly situation with a fighter is is not very good but whose popularity will have skyrocketed.  And the fact Dana hates Tito would make it even more unbearable for him if Tito upset Coleman.

awood3:

interesting way to look at this fight.  Dana better have a back up plan because if Tito was to somehow beat Coleman, Dana could be in a very ugly situation with a fighter is is not very good but whose popularity will have skyrocketed.  And the fact Dana hates Tito would make it even more unbearable for him if Tito upset Coleman.

I don't think so, he has a stable full of guys who can beat him, and it would be a set up for one more Tito vrs Iceman, which seams to be the only guy in the UFC Iceman can beat. It would make Dana happy, and send his best pal out on a winning note.

sentimental favorite is coleman.  ncaa champ, i hope he kicks the stuffing out of tito. 

Amen brother.  If I have to see Tito in another, "Beat him into retirement", shirt, I'll start training now so I can fight Tito when he's 50 years old.