JMTuc

74 KG / 163 lbs Alec Ortiz (12th) Oregon Cobra All Stars

74 KG / 163 lbs alex meade (College) Oklahoma Gator Wrestling Club

74 KG / 163 lbs Andrew Howe (College) Wisconsin NYAC

74 KG / 163 lbs Conrad Polz (College) Illinois Illini Wrestling Club

74 KG / 163 lbs Derek Garcia (11th) Washington OTC

74 KG / 163 lbs jason welch (College) California Northwestern Wildcat WC

74 KG / 163 lbs Josh Condon (College) Georgia Sunkist Kids

74 KG / 163 lbs Sean Bilodeau (College) Pennsylvania Lehigh Valley Athletic Club

Go Andrew!!!

It will be interesting to see how Garcia does as a Junior in HS.

Howe is seeded #1 So the the rest of the field has to wrestle off. Winner faces Howe Saturday night in finals. Looks like at great weight class of wrestlers!

Andrew wrestled in this last year and won the wrestle off bracket to face and lose to Quntion Wright to qualify for world team.I also believe Wright went on to place at Junior Worlds last year.

Howe is seeded #1 So the the rest of the field has to wrestle off. Winner faces Howe Saturday night in finals.

How was this decide? (yeah I'll take the pun there)  I must have missed what qualified him as the #1 seed and automatic finals qualifier.

Because he was the highest placing wrestler at the Senior US Open. 

Make sense.  Knew the Senior Open winner was the World Team Trail #1 seed.  Just didn't realize that the highest Junior placer was also the defining  criteria used to determine the #1 seed for Fila Jr. Worlds.

Dec 0-2,2-1,1-0  

Dec 2-0,1-0  

A. Howe (NYAC)  

1ST  

A. Meade (Gator Wrestling Club)  

2ND  

2009 FILA Junior FS WTT Final Trial 74KG/163lbs

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get to watch the match but on themat.com it says there was a elbow thrown by meade and some shoving and arguing

I guess the elbow was during the clinch as Andrew was breaking the hold? I don't know a whole lot about freestyle now that I've been away from that type of wrestling for about 20 years now. I think the argument from the Meade corner was just to argue the call not so much arguing among the wrestlers. Can any one confirm? I don't know either wrestler but Meade seemed to wish Andrew good luck at the end of the match. I know Andrew has carried himself well since we all started watching him his frosh year in highschool. It seemed to me that both wrestlers held their composure pretty well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.