State Champions get beat!!!!!!!!

whoami?32

Man Perry had some tough competition on saturday!

Briar Runyon got beat by Cameron Vlahos! Runyon got headlocked twice! Vlahos was pumped

AND Cody phillips got beat by Dominique Price!  Price threw cody to his back once and had him on his back another time!

WOW! some big upsets !!! those are only a couple I saw. Did anyone else see any other big upsets?

Price is a special kid,from Arsenal Tech,I got a good friend who teaches there,and he praises Dominique in the class room,and by reading posts like this,it looks like he will be fine in the future of wrestling and life in general,graet job Dominique.

I just want to say it is a great thing the Tech coaching staff is doing I coached at Attics for two seasons we won our city tournment both years , because we had good numbers and alot of heart, I know how hard it is to keep some of the kids committed and Techs coaching staff has done everything right. Taking them to as many tournaments as possible taking them to RTC's I see them getting better each week. If IPS would not of taken wrestling out of Attics 2 years ago I think they would of even had a few more kids, I am telling you watch out for this program they are making serious improvements and it is starting to show.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK COACHES!!

Man Perry had some tough competition on saturday!

Briar Runyon got beat by Cameron Vlahos! Runyon got headlocked twice! Vlahos was pumped

AND Cody phillips got beat by Dominique Price!  Price threw cody to his back once and had him on his back another time!

WOW! some big upsets !!! those are only a couple I saw. Did anyone else see any other big upsets?

what were the scores?

Duck and Atwood both got beat by the same kid from Illinois a sophomore named Johwon Akui. Duck lost 9-4 to him and Atwood lost 3-1 to him but you can ask coach Atwood and hopefully he will agree that he got a very good scouting report about  Akui from a very handsome fellow but with that being said I'm not taking nothing away from Braden He is a great wrestler and a even  better person The Atwoods are class acts through and through in my book.Akui was a AA in Fargo last year Akui was pinned earlier in the tourney by Michael Evans of PA. who was also an AA in Fargo last year and is the # 2 ranked Junior in the country Evans is who Duck lost his 3rd match to 12-4 but for some reason PA bump Evans up against IN blue and Braden didn't get to wrestle him.This is the second year that both Braden and Duck have participated in the Showcase and while I can't speak for Braden I can speak for Duck and Myself when we go to this tourney we go to try and win every match but we know that it might be a tough road to hoe but we know that when we leave we will be a better wrestler than when we started win or lose and as for myself I have been with Mike on several Team Indiana trips and the fellowship that I have taken part in with all the team Indiana kids and their parents over the years has been my gold medals that I never anticipated on earning but will always carry with me the rest of my life. I just like to say Thanks to all of you

• 3 weeks later...

UM just because these two wrestlers got beat in freestyle does not mean they will get beat in folkstyle. Im not taking anything away from them beating the state champs, but honestly dont think they will in folkstyle! I think you can all agree its totally diff styles. SO lets not be getten at what IF'S. Those TWO won state bottom line!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.