I NEED TO FIND A WRESTLING CLUB FOR MY SON HELP!! PLEASE...

dfurgason

I have a 9 year old son, second year wrestler. We live in Westfield. Up until the beginning of this year my son was with Westfield , the club has decreased in since by 75% and there are no big little guys for him to wrestle with. My son is wrestling Intermediate 112. He actively competes and we have been going strong since January 11. We are heading to states. After eating a lot of mat last he is really pulling out wins. He either wins with a pin or losed by a pin it has never been won or lost on points. My husband and I have coached him but it is not fair to him. We need a club fairly close to Westfield that will take out of area kids, that have big little guys and/or girls and a coach that will take him to that next level. He wants to wrestle year round and we have plans to take him to every tournament we can get our hands on.

We have several videos on you tube of his matches in fact I have all his matches taped. I have him watch a lot of video for learning purposes.

If anyone has any info they can pass on or if there are any coaches willing to coach my son please email me dfurgason@indy.rr.com . He is a very coachable kid and a very focused kid.

Thanks!!!

Living in westfield I would say you could talk to the valpo kids coach or the boone grove coach. Those would probaly be the closet two clubs for your son. Valpo has a big kids program. Booone grove is a little smaller but I do know that they have a handful of bigger little kids so there would be kids in the room for your son to work out. Both the coaches will be at state this weekend and you probaly can talk to either one there and get some info........

Spiral, when you mentioned Valpo, I think you are thinking of WestVILLE, not WestFIELD.

Here is a list of clubs, you can look through the list and find one close to your area, I think CIA has a club in Zionsville, which probably wouldn't be too far for you, and CIA has a fantastic reputation for teaching wrestling skills.  Not sure how many wrestlers they have that would match up size-wise though.

http://www.iswa.com/clubs.html

Westfield is fairly close to Carmel, and Fishers, and HSE. Also Zionsville is host to CIA, and you will be hard pressed to find a coach in the area, or a room in the area that will help your kid like that room will. Ed Pendoski will help you get the most out of your kid, and provide him with some of the best workout partners in the room.

Carmel has a club up and going so they would be very close with great kids...CIA is only at Zionsville 1 night a week from what I have heard otherwise they are at cathedral...if you really want to look for outstanding coaches and technique check our Jim Humphrey, hands down the best around they go 4 times a week year round  www.humphreywrestling.com

Thank You to everyone , we spoke to coach Red today at States. He is a very nice man to speak to . So we will be trying Red Cobra!!! FYI to  wrestling programs The Westfield Area is in need of a private club . So please there are a lot of boys that would love to join these wrestling powerhouse clubs in the area, the travel is what gets to a lot of us out in the Westfield/Noblesville/Carmel area. So please those of you who are thinking of second locations give Hamilton county a try you will be suprised!

We can't wait to be part of Red Cobra!!! Thanks Coach Red for speaking with us.

I have a 9 year old son, second year wrestler. We live in Westfield. Up until the beginning of this year my son was with Westfield , the club has decreased in since by 75% and there are no big little guys for him to wrestle with. My son is wrestling Intermediate 112. He actively competes and we have been going strong since January 11. We are heading to states. After eating a lot of mat last he is really pulling out wins. He either wins with a pin or losed by a pin it has never been won or lost on points. My husband and I have coached him but it is not fair to him. We need a club fairly close to Westfield that will take out of area kids, that have big little guys and/or girls and a coach that will take him to that next level. He wants to wrestle year round and we have plans to take him to every tournament we can get our hands on.

We have several videos on you tube of his matches in fact I have all his matches taped. I have him watch a lot of video for learning purposes.

If anyone has any info they can pass on or if there are any coaches willing to coach my son please email me dfurgason@indy.rr.com . He is a very coachable kid and a very focused kid.

Thanks!!!

Red cobra wrestling there are some wrestlers there that would be able to chalenge him amd make him better for more information go to red cobra wrestling  .com

Thanks so much after states and after speaking to Coach Red we will be heading to Red Cobra. Right now PJ is sick with that nasty strep that is going around so we will start next week. Thanks everyone!!!

I am still begging these private clubs to please try another location in the Hamilton County area we would all love one around here I have spoke to several people!!!!

Please Please Please Please Please

Until Red Cobra opens a gym closer I guess we will be hitting the road!!!!

How far North East are you Jetdad

Humphrey Wrestling has a few come down from the Huntington area and have heard some are going to come from the FT Wayne area soon.

We practice at LN High School where the ISWA hosts Greco State. Which is right off  I -69 and 86 th st.

I know CIA has a room NW Indiana and some go over to Ohio

Good luck

If my son was younger and I lived where you do I would go see Coach Humphrey he is one of the most respected coaches in the nation alot of younger kids. He knows what it takes to be successful at every level.

Good luck on you're decision my son is a 12 time ISWA state champ if Hump would of had his program going when he was younger there is nodoubt that it would of helped even more.

Your right about every level. High school, College, and International. Thats impressive. His personal accomplishments speak for themselves but I will say Coach Hump and Jordin are two class act men that love working with kids and sharing their knowledge of the sport, and I cant wait for Reece to come share some of his Greco skills .

I think there is was about 8-12 high school wrestlers at an average practice last week amongst the many middle school and smaller group of elementary wrestlers which has been growing quickly the last couple of months.

Coach Humphreys (JIM and Jordin) have implemented a different style of training program than we have personally  been apart of before. It is totally different than what it was at the inception of their program. I am afraid for my boys to miss a practice because they will miss something good. That keeps wrestling practice exciting for the wrestlers and the parents. I could not imagine someone walking out of their practice dissatisfied.

Jim and Jordin really are class acts who give so much to every kid they coach.  Now that middle school season is over we will back on the mat with Humphrey and bringing about 10 more guys from our middle school along with us.  We have been lucky to around some of the best youth coaches in the midwest and Humphrey is the only place in Indiana I would have by boys.  Good Luck Reece!!!!

Last night at Red Cobra there was 4 or 5 kids 10-13 yr old fro about 115-140 lbs great work out partners including 3 state placers. Coach Red does a great job with the kids and the intensity is greatfor beginners and the experienced. With kids coming from as far as Richmond and Brownsburg 2-3 time a week and the number of Sate Champs and State Placers in the room  makes it great to suppliment any club training or a home for someone without a club.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.