college recruits

12ozCurl

Besides the men already listed in the college signings area, does anyone know anything about any other big name indiana wrestlers and possible locations.  I am thinking of guys like Adam Chalfant, Taylor March, D'marcus Spencer, Johnny Dillon, McGinley, Graber, Billy Baker, etc.  Not only D1 schools, I am interested in any idea some of you may have, because it seems to me more people should maybe have signed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the word is that Sandefer backed out with UIndy. 

Since this has come up, out of respect for UIndy, I will try to explain.

I guess you could say Steven's trip to St Louis for the NCAA Div I Championships was a life changing experience.

Upon return he was convinced that if he did not wrestle at the Division I level he would regret it for the rest of his life.

We talked to UIndy about it and thier consistent response has been that they would support whatever direction that Steven feels he needs to go.  After much discussion at home, on Tuesday of this week we requested a release from his NLI.  The University of Indianapolis has graciously granted  that request.

I would like to personally thank Coach Kyle Fellure and Dr. Sue Willey AD for the way  they have handled our request.  From our first initial contact with this institution, they have made you feel that it is always about what is best for the student athlete that matters.  Top Notch Class Act!

We will continue to support the University of Indianapolis, the Wrestling Program, coaches and student athletes.

As a parent, I strongly believe in my heart that UIndy is a great college choice for your kids.

Steve Sandefer

We all face crossroads in life and it sounds as if Steven has made the right choice on the direction he is going. I am looking forward to watching this young man's progress wherever he decides to wrestle. 

Nick Odom has decided to continue his education, and his wrestling career at Trine university. Congrats on an excellent descision Nick, and I look forward to seeing you next year wrestling for the Thunder.

So... has Sandefer decided where he is  going to college yet ?

No, because he was a signed athlete he will not even be able to have contact with any potentials until the NCAA has signed off, hopefully early next week.  He will be starting the process all over from scratch.  Timing may not be the best for this, but it is what he wanted to do.  Any thoughts regarding timing?

I know that the next signing period starts on April 8th.  We certainly won't be on the front end of that!

Crongrats to Nick Odom!! I have a club picture of him and all the boy's he had to be in the third grade, Good times!

Wow, did not realize any of those pictures were still around. That would have been his 2nd year wrestling. So long ago, but seems like yesterday to me.

No, because he was a signed athlete he will not even be able to have contact with any potentials until the NCAA has signed off, hopefully early next week.  He will be starting the process all over from scratch.  Timing may not be the best for this, but it is what he wanted to do.  Any thoughts regarding timing?

I know that the next signing period starts on April 8th.  We certainly won't be on the front end of that!

Steve is a quality kid, and a great wrestler. I am sure that he will land on his feet somewhere. Good luck, and I hope it turns out best for him. That was a gutsy descision, but the ones that pay off the most, take the most guts to make.

mANADFUR is a definately a D1 talent. He will be a great college 141 pounder. Nothing against Uof Indy but I thought he was selling himself short. Hopefully some Indiana school could divy up some $ for da young beastmister.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.