Kieffer 112

stickittoem

I second that prediction!  He did look real good this weekend.  He has finally gotten over that hump (Nelson) & this should give him tons of confidence going into this weekend.

You had not count his twin brother out as well.  He may not win it this year(Wright is a lock), but don't count him out in the match against Raley.  Raley's only loss is to Johns, who Kieffer beat already this year.  And his(Kieffer's) only 2 losses are to Wright.  I think he can go with anyone else in the weight class.  I think the Indianapolis wrestlers are going to have their share of state champions this weekend!!!!!!  I can't wait for Friday night!!!! 

I second that prediction!   He did look real good this weekend.   He has finally gotten over that hump (Nelson) & this should give him tons of confidence going into this weekend.

You had not count his twin brother out as well.  He may not win it this year(Wright is a lock), but don't count him out in the match against Raley.  Raley's only loss is to Johns, who Kieffer beat already this year.  And his(Kieffer's) only 2 losses are to Wright.  I think he can go with anyone else in the weight class.  I think the Indianapolis wrestlers are going to have their share of state champions this weekend!!!!!!   I can't wait for Friday night!!!!   

I don't think I would say Wright is a lock ! Not at the loaded 119 ! He may be the favorite , But to much talent at this class to say someone is a lock !

I wouldn't say Kieffer dominated Nelsen... but he sure did look good against him... and he wrestled smart, and did exactly what it took to get a win against a very solid top dog.  I wouldn't mind seeing Kieffer win it.  Great kid.

You can't say anyone is a lock at 119.  It wasn't too long ago that 119 had two returning state champions in the same weight class and neither placed higher than 5th.  I believe it was the year of the little bear that could!

The grease must be getting to your head KFCMan.

The year was 2006 and there were three, yes THREE, returning state champions Eric Galka from 2005 at 103lbs, Anthony Williams from 2005 at 119lbs and Ethan Harris from 2005 at 112lbs.  Williams placed 3rd that year, Galka did not place and Harris placed 7th.  You could add another state champion to that weight as Reece Freeman won state the next year at 125lbs.  Ironically, Freeman beat two state champions, Galka and Harris....yet only finished 5th!

It will be great wrestling at 119 as well as 112 and all the  other wgt classes. I can see both Kieffers in the finals on Sat night and I am definetly buying a season ticket for all  3 sessions! Tony Bell from Roncalli looks good to me also and could go all the way!

Who beat who and who dominated who is all over now except in the minds of the wrestlers.Both Kieffers KNOW they can beat anybody else in their weight class.They have confidence and ability.

The quest all season was to make it to STATE and now it comes down to who wants it the worst. All these boys are very talented and have put in a lot of hard work all year long.My hats off to all the boys!!

Look for an old fart with a gray flat-top and a Kieffer shirt on.Please come up and tell me your screen name so I can put a face with you name.

My wife thinks I am completly"ate up" with wrestling but I sure have enjoyed the season and I love this discussion board.

Keep up the good work all of you that make it possible.

I wouldn't say Kieffer dominated Nelsen... but he sure did look good against him... and he wrestled smart, and did exactly what it took to get a win against a very solid top dog.  I wouldn't mind seeing Kieffer win it.  Great kid.

I would say it as a totally unbiased observer. The 3-2 score was not nearly indicative of how the match went. Kieffer got the lone takedown and rode Nelsen out for the first and second periods. Nelsen's two points were gimme stalling calls that werent that bad.

I forgot about the stalling call... but now that you mention it... that last 8 seconds or so made me smile!  I don't blame Josh one bit!  In fact... ANYONE would have done exactly the same thing.  It's called smart wrestling!!  :)  Congratulations Josh!  I was SOOOOOO cheering for you!!  And was really glad to see you win!!

I would say it as a totally unbiased observer. The 3-2 score was not nearly indicative of how the match went. Kieffer got the lone takedown and rode Nelsen out for the first and second periods. Nelsen's two points were gimme stalling calls that werent that bad.

By gimme stalling calls do you mean that kieffer was barely in a stance for the last 45 seconds?  He did control the first two periods, but in the third did just enough to win.  Great kid got a big win, enough said....

By gimme I mean what most refs seem to do at the end of matches and award pts. that are pretty much meaningless. He called that last stall with about 1 second on the clock.

What is the rule on a second stalling call? I ask because in a match I watched earlier this season, a wrestler got hit with two stalling calls but the second one was two points.

ff

What is the rule on a second stalling call? I ask because in a match I watched earlier this season, a wrestler got hit with two stalling calls but the second one was two points.

ff

1st -- Warning

2nd -- 1 point

3rd -- 1 point

4th -- 2 points

5th -- DQ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.