Whiting's Cal college to start wrestling 09-10

legrider33

Cal College to add wrestling

StoryDiscussionFont Size: Default font size Larger font size By Times Staff | Tuesday, February 17, 2009 | (No comments posted.)

Calumet College of St. Joseph will add wrestling as a varsity sport for the 2009-10 season.

An extensive search for a head coach will begin immediately, according to Cal College athletic director Peter Haze Haring.

"The local area is rich with wrestling talent and we hope that we can fill a very important niche within the Northwest Indiana and Chicagoland wrestling community," Haring said in a news release.

The release also noted that the school will be adding competitive dance as a varsity sport for the 2009-10 season.

COLLEGE WRESTLING

For more information on the future Calumet College of St. Joseph wrestling or competitive dance programs, contact Peter Haze Haring at pharing@ccsj.edu.

Great news! Do you know what division they will be in and what teams they will be wrestling? Will they be offering scholarships? This is great news for region kids who love wrestling but aren't necessarily good enough to make the team at Purdue or IU or who would rather stay at home for college and save some money. I wonder who the head coach will be. I hope it's someone from the area.

Yes i go to CCSJ and they are NAIA

with the other sports they generally pay for half of the tuition which is about 5 grand total so most everyone that plays a sport gets that and pays about 2500. This is a great idea and I only wish they would have done it about two years ago when i still had some eligibilty left. They are Finishing up building a new athletic facility so until it is done(late spring) i do not know what type of faciliities they would give to wrestling. It is  good school though and I majored in Criminal Justice there after transfering in.

I think the right coach is right down the Street in the ADs office at EC Central I think Billy Maldonado Would be a great coach for Cal College

If you know anything about the EC politics Cal College can't afford him lol/ more adminstarters dan Indy in EC !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.