Castle Regional:

#1-Drake Stein (Princeton)

#2-Jeff Weiss (Heritage Hills)

#3-Andrew Pettijohn (Castle)

Evansville Semi-State:

#1-Drake Stein (Princeton)

#2-Andrew Pettijohn (Castle)

#3-Jeff Weiss (Heritage Hills)

Very impressive 152 class in the area - 5 guys within 2 points of each other.  Pettijohn winning the first round of regionals in O.T. and moving on to state supports this statement.

As far as Pettijohn beating Weiss in the semis at Semistate - it appeared that Weiss thought he had the lead as the match ended?  I was sitting near some Castle fans who thought the same thing. 

Very impressive 152 class in the area - 5 guys within 2 points of each other.  Pettijohn winning the first round of regionals in O.T. and moving on to state supports this statement.

As far as Pettijohn beating Weiss in the semis at Semistate - it appeared that Weiss thought he had the lead as the match ended?  I was sitting near some Castle fans who thought the same thing.   

Agreed!  It was rather odd the way Weiss finished that match.  All 3 of these young men are VERY able!

3 of 4 @112 advancing out of FW are from Delta Sectional...

Delta Sectional:

1. Devin Jackson

2. Steve Gonzales

3.  Jacob Armantrout

Jay County Regional:

1. Devin Jackson

2.  Steve Gonzales

3.  Jacob Armantrout

FW Semi-State:

1.  Steve Gonzales

3.  Devin Jackson

4.  Jacob Armantrout

The most impressive thing about getting three from our sectional to State is Jacob Armantrout, especially when you consider his road through Semi-State.  Beat Miller and Barroquillo, then had Stevie in overtime. 

Great job to three OUTSTANDING young men!

He apparantly didn't realize that he had been called for fleeing the map on an earlier takedown attempt.  I was wondering why he wasn't going all out like he usually does being a point behind.

I talked to Jeff after church this Sunday and he said that he had glanced at the scoreboard towards the end of the 3rd period and thought that Pettijohn had gotten hit with another stalling calling and that he was winning 2-1.  He did not know till the end of the match that he had gotten behind because of the fleeing the mat call.

why is the official to blame an official makes a "close" call at the end of a match fleeing or stalling and everyone seems to think the official decided the match what about the kid who stalled or fleed do you not want the official to give a takedown with 2 seconds to go as it might decide the match of course not the kid earned the takedown the same with a stalling or fleeing call from my 40 years watchin this sport most of the time a when a kid gets hit with stall or a fleeing call at the end of the match the kid earned it

I think it's like calling the intentional foul in Basketball........everybody knows you're going to foul at the end of the game if you're behind and wanting to put the other team on the line............just like everybody knows if you have a lead at the end of the match you're likely going to  become conservative and protect the lead.  I don't like seeing the guy who has been the agressor the entire match (and earned the lead) get penalized for trying to protect his lead in the last few seconds.

I think it's like calling the intentional foul in Basketball........everybody knows you're going to foul at the end of the game if you're behind and wanting to put the other team on the line............just like everybody knows if you have a lead at the end of the match you're likely going to  become conservative and protect the lead.  I don't like seeing the guy who has been the agressor the entire match (and earned the lead) get penalized for trying to protect his lead in the last few seconds.

Very true but atleast make it look good when you are "trying to protect your lead".  A half a shot, any motion forward, some attempt at staying in bounds all goes a long way towards "protecting that lead"

AGREE 100%

The context of the match is hard to explain but it should not have been fleeing. It was not a baltent attempt to run off the mat. It was a throw by/ slide by where he jumped and kept going to keep from getting his foot caught. And he happened to do it going out of bounds. The official also had a chance to even it up (I felt) with a stalling call against Castle, but chose not to. Therefore, I feel he made the match. Both guys deserved to see OT, not end it like that.

why is the official to blame an official makes a "close" call at the end of a match fleeing or stalling and everyone seems to think the official decided the match what about the kid who stalled or fleed do you not want the official to give a takedown with 2 seconds to go as it might decide the match of course not the kid earned the takedown the same with a stalling or fleeing call from my 40 years watchin this sport most of the time a when a kid gets hit with stall or a fleeing call at the end of the match the kid earned it

Stalling and takedown are two diffent things. Stalling is the most inconsistant call in wrestling. Some refs never call it while others call it way too mouch. same with fleeing. I saw a match once when one guy shot on a guy whos feet were almost out and the defensive guy moved a little causing the offencive guy to go out and a ref called fleeing the mat. it happen with 15 secs left while the score was tied the feeling made it a 1 point match and desided the score.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.