Largest Semi-State Venue

Redskins

Biggest attendance - Merrillville

Biggest arena would have to be either New Castle or the Colliseum in Fort Wayne, right? New Castle is one of the biggest gyms in the nation, last I knew anyway.

New Castle is the biggest high school gym in the world.  The FW and Evansville semi-states aren't at high schools tho.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To give you an idea of how crowded the Merrilville gym will be Saturday, here's a dramatic re-enactment from last year showing spectators being "ushered" into the arena  ;D

afYLPJe332Q

Right on the money!  That is awesome!

The hospitality room is free though :)

Food! The Garrett AD is in charge and I told him we'll find a new SS to go to if the hospitality room isn't up to par.

Ok Mr. Obvious!

What FOOD does the hosp. room include?!

I never made the connection.

Maybe some doughnuts... 6 oughta work

The hospitality room is free though :)

What does that usually include??

Food!  The Garrett AD is in charge and I told him we'll find a new SS to go to if the hospitality room isn't up to par.

Ok Mr. Obvious! 

What FOOD does the hosp. room include?!

I never made the connection.

Donuts and rolls for breakfast and sandwiches and salads for lunch and dinner.

i believe a lot more people would attend M'Ville SS if there were a larger venue. Michigan City or East Chicago would work in my opinion. but who knows how long it will take for the state commission to change the location...

I was from the south end of the region drawing into that semistate and it was already an extremely long drive, East Chicago or Michigan City would make it even worse for people not already for the Region. Just my opinion though.

Are you serious?  Look at the drives nearly EVERY team going to Evansville has to make.  Well over half are 2+ hours, with some around 3.5-4 hours.  You're complaining about what again???  Get real.

Michigan City HS is about 1.o miles off of the I80 exit and .5 miles off of 421.  I could make it from Indianapolis to a seat in MC's gym in under 3 hrs. without breaking a single traffic law.  Getting to Mville is pitiful...you have 65 if you are coming from the south, but getting through the "shopping district" is not easy and then it is tucked behind some houses on a tiny side street....then it's another hike around to the back of the building where you have to enter.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

What are you so worried about the food for?

Shouldn't you be worried about coaching those two wrestlers instead of eating and staying in the hosp. room.

Y2...I liked your answer...thought it was  very good myself...WAHOO to you!!

To give you an idea of how crowded the Merrilville gym will be Saturday, here's a dramatic re-enactment from last year showing spectators being "ushered" into the arena  ;D

afYLPJe332Q

wow that is  hilarious!!! :D wow i was laughing my head off when i watch this.

The attendencs at last years semi-states were as follows

Evansville ? 8,562

Merrillville ? 5,990

New Castle ? 7,171

Fort Wayne ? 8,111

Those are great numbers that Ft. Wayne has produced

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.