Cathedral vs Mishawaka

powerhouse4070

Are the Cathedral wrestlers going to flip everyone off if they don't win this event also?

I was in front of the awards podium Saturday night and every Cathedral wrestler, except McGinley held their poster with their middle finger sticking out.  Brandon Wright had BOTH of his sticking out.

How sad for the families of the other wrestlers to have a picture of their wrestler's accomplishment being degraded by the Cathedral wrestlers!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Cathedral wrestlers going to flip everyone off if they don't win this event also?

I was in front of the awards podium Saturday night and every Cathedral wrestler, except McGinley held their poster with their middle finger sticking out.  Brandon Wright had BOTH of his sticking out.

How sad for the families of the other wrestlers to have a picture of their wrestler's accomplishment being degraded by the Cathedral wrestlers!

To bad.

KKLTeddy

I was down there and did not notice anything of the sort from the Cathedral wrestlers.  For you to come on here now and try to stir the pot against the Cathedral wrestlers is too bad.  I suppose you were one of the people cheering when they lost.  Shame on you.   :P

Please post a picture.  If you can't, I am sure somebody can.  Either way I am sure the motive was to "degrade" a family & wrestler.  You should be a reporter, you have a knack for blowing things up that aren't news worthy.

for you to come on this board and assume that "all" Cathedral wrestlers had there middle finger out is wrong, and makes no sence. i did not see this and i was right in front of them when eachg picture was taken.  nice try though

KKLTeddy

I was down there and did not notice anything of the sort from the Cathedral wrestlers.  For you to come on here now and try to stir the pot against the Cathedral wrestlers is too bad.  I suppose you were one of the people cheering when they lost.  Shame on you.  :P

Absolutely not!  I am a huge Brandon Wright fan, I think he is very talented.  But was disappointed to see his display.  And yes I did see it AND pointed it out to the other fans around me. 

I have nothing against Cathedral or any other wrestler.  I am a wrestling fan, that's why I was there.   

KKLTeddy

If that's true - post a picture of the 125 lb weight class. Johnny Grey is one of the most good-hearted kids I know. Show me some proof before you start slandering these kids.

Ok, at let's start from the beginning:

103 - Harvey is definitely not flipping anyone off.

119 - Wright's left hand appears that it's his middle finger, but to me it doesn't appear to be some intentional gesture

125 - to me, that looks like Johnny's first finger...the same as the guy on the right hand side of the photo

145 - Gavin's obviously not flipping anyone off

152 - Calvin looks like he's holding it with his thumb, though I can't be sure

160 - Tyler is not flipping anyone off

From what I can see, 3 guys definitely didn't flip anyone off, the rest don't appear to be flipping anyone off, but maybe I'm wrong? I can't get the pictures any bigger to see for sure.

I just looked at the podium pictures on the IHSAA website and to say that ALL Cathedral wrestlers brandished the 1 finger salute is incorrect. It is obvious that Harvey (103), McGinley (145) and Willis (160) were simply holding their bracket boards. I do have to admit, though that Wright (119), Grey (125) and Sullivan (152) are not simply holding their bracket boards. Wright appears to have a single digit from each hand in view of the camera, while Gey has 1 finger showing on his left hand and Sullivan, just 1 on his right. The resolution of the photos, even in zoom mode, makes it difficult to tell which finger is showing and no one can conclude what their intent was. It does look suspicious though because no other wrestler was captured with such a display. If it was intentional, then I hope you are proud of your indelible image. If not, I hope any controversy dies quickly.

KKLTeddy

If that's true - post a picture of the 125 lb weight class. Johnny Grey is one of the most good-hearted kids I know. Show me some proof before you start slandering these kids.

Actually it is libel not not slander.