Colin Warner

No One Famous

This is the second year in a row that Warner could have wrestled 189 for the State tourney, but he is wrestling 215.  This seems like a large jump and, more importnatly, a difficult feat to be successful.  I remember Nate Moore from Perry Meridian going up to 215 to beat O'Brien from Franklin Central, but Moore was a complete beast.  Does anyone know why Warner has chosen 215 again?

I wish him all the luck, but I think he would have a lot of success at 189.

Not taking anything away from Warner, but 189 at the New Castle SS is stacked. With Hodges, Brock, Johnson-Jones, and Dalton. 215 is tough with Berry and Schafer, but not anything like 189. I'm sure Warner would have advanced at 189, but his chances are better at 215. Good luck to everyone.

Coach clev has part of the reasoning correct.

Additionally, Our 189lbr, Dylan Ford is 32-7 and weighs @ 185-189lbs.  Ford has been Warner's drill partner for the last three years and is also very solid.  Warner and Ford both have wrestled 189/215 the last two years, but Warner has much more experience and performs a little better @ 215lbs. than Ford.

Warner is also hoping to wrestle in college and sees himself as a 197lbr.  Wrestling bigger, stronger guys will help with this transition.

He wrestles each day with Ford and our heavyweight, so the weight issue is really not that big of a deal.

We're looking forward to the regional this weekend, and watching all four Blue Devils compete.

formerwrestler

Does anyone know what schools Colin is looking at to wrestle in college or if he has picked a school already. He is a great young man and is always there to help the next generation of wrestlers i think he would be a great coach someday

No decision yet on college.  However he has applied to and been accepted at the following schools listed alphabetically:

Ball State (no wrestling though)

Manchester

North Central

Trine

Univ. of Wisconsin-LaCrosse

Wabash

Still waiting to hear back from a couple of others.

formerwrestler

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.