Wrestling movie info

bdolly

My roommate in college had Vision Quest and we watched it all the time. Anyone know where you can find this now, I've never had any luck?

MY dad found copie at wal-mart like 2 years ago and everytime i go in there i see it so you might try there

What city? I've checked Rochester, Fort Wayne, West Lafayette, Wabash, Warsaw, Muncie, and Decatur (I travel around a lot).

either bloomington or bedford which is like 20 mins south of bloomington

For those who are interested, I found and bought "Vision Quest" at Best Buy a couple of years ago.  It is out there and most likely they could order it for you.

The Jon Trenge story is my current favorite though.  We have an assitant wrestling coach who is going through the same eye issue as Jon but twice as bad.  Not only does he have the retenia (spelling) problem but he also has a lens issue where his lenses are basically just sitting in a jell like fluid floating around.  He is waiting on the okay for his lens proceedure. 

Vision Quest is great and the showdown match between Shoot and Lowden is actually done fairly well.  The actors are actually hitting some moves, not just throws.  The best, however, is when the coach, at practice, is wearing a collared golf type shirt under his singlet.  Hilarious!

They should do a movie about the Life of Dave Schultz.

Now that is a GREAT idea...

I got to watch him wrestle in person and he was A BEAST...

I never saw him live just tape. But from what everyone says he was a great person who we lost to soon. Tribute to Dave Schultz

Of course the top of the list for me is Mathew Modine 1985 Vision Quest. The language in the movie is not best suited for younger kids although I have let my own watch it. Very motivational movie and music. You can order this from Wal-Mart on-line.

Another one that I have seen that someone mentioned is  a Robert Urich 1989 "Spooner". This was a Disney made for TV Movie and is not released on VHS or DVD however I do have a burned copy from TV. It is about a man who in his younger high school days was a state champ wrestler in Pennsylvania that went on to wrestle in college but was put in prision for forgery and Then uses his talents to escapes from prison. He becomes a high school teacher and wrestling coach. Real good movie.

I have recently read a book called "Nearfall" by Joe Reasbech who is from Wisconsin and wrestled for the University of Minnesota. The book is about the Dean brothers ; Matt and Mike and growing up wrestling. He second book in the series is currently at the printers and he hopes this will  eventually become a movie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.