2nd best program in the state (Last 20 Years)

ENoblewrestling

Pin2win- Your argument, again, doesn't make sense. I said being a team state qualifier is not really a good indicator of how good a team is as teams often get an easier way to the team tournament. I even listed 2 examples for you. If you make it to the last 4 then yeah, that might be a good indicator, i did not say that you have to win for it to be a good indicator. You have difficulty reading.

Wildcat- i was making the statement that if we say that we can't base a team's ability off of apperances due to the fact that some have easier draws that others, then we can not base how good a team is by what a team does at state (unless they win of course) because it is possible that thye got the luck of the draw at team state.

Trust me I know how to read buddy, but apparently you don't cause I never said that you said you had to win for it to be a good indicator. Instead i was just stating that if we were throwing in the "draw" factor, then we can only base teams off of wins.

Now, there would be a way around that, we could go back and look to see what teams each team lost to in state, and see if teams had a tough draw or not that year, but seeing as I doubt anyone is going to go back over about 14 years of team state tourney matchups to see who did what and how good each team was back then, we are going to have to go on the assumption that making state, making the final four, and making the championship are great achievments.

Something else you might want to look at between Bellmont and Mishawaka is their placement in the Al Smith Classic the past 20 years.  Bellmont has clearly dominated that tournament or been in the running for the title.  Maybe someone can help me and list the finishes of the teams.

Yeah... Bellmont for years was always in the running, but i think things have changed.... I think Mishawaka has been winning it quite a bit lately...... Bellmont used to dominate that tourney in the 90's i believe but I was thinking things began to change this decade.

A look at Bellmont's performance in the Al Smith/Mishawaka Invite over the past 20 years reveals true consistancy!!

!st place 10 times

2nd place 5 times

3rd place  3 times

Top that!!!

Note:The Al Smith isn't the state finals. 

A look at Bellmont's performance in the Al Smith/Mishawaka Invite over the past 20 years reveals true consistancy!!

!st place 10 times

2nd place 5 times

3rd place  3 times

Top that!!!

Ok...State Finals info for Bellmont:

State Finalists: 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2008

State Final Four: 1996, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2007

State Runners-Up: 1995, 1999, 2006......Also in 1979 but that is too long ago

State Champs: 1987, 1988, 1994

!st place 10 times

2nd place 5 times

3rd place  3 times

Top that!!!

I wasn't looking down on Belmont.  Just stating a fact. 

I guess you had some facts of your own!  :o

!st place 10 times

2nd place 5 times

3rd place  3 times

Top that!!!

I wasn't looking down on Belmont.  Just stating a fact. 

I guess you had some facts of your own!   :o

Oh I wasn't saying you were looking down on them, I didn't take it like that.  I just was throwing out more stats and facts.

!st place 10 times

2nd place 5 times

3rd place 3 times

Top that!!!

I wasn't looking down on Belmont. Just stating a fact.

I guess you had some facts of your own! :o

Oh I wasn't saying you were looking down on them, I didn't take it like that. I just was throwing out more stats and facts.

Word. and a wahoo! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.