6minutes

Clearly we have a group of 4 (or even more) wrestlers in this weight class who are essentially even and any one could beat the other on a given day so here is what we have to do...

Force each wrestler to wrestler the other three at least 500 times (like a Monte Carlo Simuation) keep record of how many times each defeated the other and then look at overall record vs the others ranked in the top four.  Then and only then will we know who should be ranked #1 at 130lbs

OR ....we throw them all in a cage with Ditka and see who lasts the longest!  ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well harper lost both matches at 130 cash bumped up to wrestle him and porras...and bumped twice to wrestle spencer.... i got an idea just rank cash #1 at 125 and 130 then none of you cry babies could complain about the top guy....other than doing that the rankings i believe are correct harper is not the top guy this year big deal he is still going down as one of the greatest indiana high school wrestlers of all time...winning state 3x's and prolly 3rd as a senior that would be a high school carreer that no one can dispute but as far as being ranked #1 plain and simple he is not the top guy this year end of story GET OVER IT

I do like the idea of ranking cashe #1 at 125 and 130 though  ;D

The final rankings (the only one that really matters) should be posted February 21, around 9:00 p.m.

Did you come up with this on your own???

I am just playing you are absolutly right.  It is just a thought that gets echoed on this board in just about every post.

Guest justafan52

As for Porras ! A great wrestler , but he looked like he was struggling with Cashe at Al Smith tourney

He really wasn't struggling with Cahse very much.  Minus his injury time and maybe 1 or 2 costly mistakes but it was definetly closer then what the score indicates.  It's not like Porras couldn't take him down.  And I agree with ThatOneFan..Frankie's never wrestled Cashe before, and Spencer probably knows his techniques fairly well.  Put Spencer up against Harper or Porras...I think i know what the outcome would be

Guest renegade

barlow beating cook and spencer.. cooks win a fluke???.. demarcus overrated?????... congrats mr barlow .. conseco should be very interesting at 130

I do think Barlow earned his credit this weekend. It just opened up 130 even more to probably 6 wrestlers that has a chance to win it if it is thier night. I would think that Harper, healthy, is still the front runner but it is not a gimme like the whole state thought at the beginning of the year.  It has become a very competitive weight class.

Harper is one of Indiana's best wrestlers of all time.  But he can and has got caught.  Under the lights  he is lights out!!  Barlow had a great day and has never faced Harper. He has never went to state. He however deserves the credit for downing #1 & #2 IN BACK TO BACK MATCHES.  I'm not going to argue the rankings. When you are a 3 timer you are on top, but don't for a second think Barlow can't stay with anybody at 130!! That includes Harper. 

There is something to be said about "being there before," and I think Harper will put it all together, again, and win it.  I would guess Porras would have the best chance against since he wrestles him more often...but that goes both ways. 

With all the competition at 130, it will be a great tourney!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.