Mater Dei vs. Reitz

2016GrecoGold

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reitz                    Mater Dei

103 Kuhn         Lannert Kuhn (major)

112 Moody         Appel                       Moody (dec)

119 Johns         Schoerder Johns (fall)

125 Rueger         Henderson Rueger (dec)

130 King         Weinzaphel            Weinzaphel (dec)

135 Dowdy         Weinzaphel            Weinzaphel(dec)

140 Voegel         Sims                       Sims (tech)

145 Boyle         Zentopher   Zentopher (major)

152 Ritter         King                       Ritter (tech)

160 James         Easterling   Easterling (major)

171 Lovelace         Boots                         Lovelace (fall)

189              Fentress         Koester   Fentress (dec)

215 Whimpelberg    Kertcher   Kertcher (dec)

285 Benedyk         VanWinkle   Benedyk (dec)

112, 125, 130, 135, 189, 215, 285 could go ither way it will be a close one but i think Reitz will come out on top

It's hard to say when the JV match will get over but MD always brings a full squad and Reitz has more JV than most teams - so I would lean towards 7:15.  However, I would recommend getting there early.  There should be some decent JV matches to get everyone fired up for the main event!

For our Neighbors to the North (and around here that is just about EVERYONE!),

If you have never witnessed ANY event between Evansville Reitz and Mater Dei, you have NO IDEA what competition is!

I don't care if the Panthers and the Wildcats are having a barn painting contest...2,000 people will show up and there will be a WHOLE LOT of jawing going on!

Very high spirited and not a lot of love loss, but they seem to keep it civil...I have known families who have kids in BOTH schools at the same time!  It's a Real "Hatfields and McCoys" sort of thing.  These people literally live next door to one another.  

It may very well be the BIGGEST RIVALLY in the entire state.  

Both teams will be PUMPED UP...and may very well wrestle their best matches of the year tomorrow night!

Good luck to all the wrestlers!!!!  

When was the last time Reitz beat EMD?  Which recent dual has been the closest?

Somebody help...but I seem to remeber Reitz and Mater Dei tied 2x, like in 78 and 79????? It seems that it was two years close together and I remeber that Reitz team that had Dan Durbin (yes, the teacher of the year) Randy Chips, Allen Grammer, the Barchet brothers...

Man you have dropped some names I haven't heard in a long time...

Whatever happend to the Barchet brothers?????

These teams were a few years before my time, but they were memorable...

Reitz                     Mater Dei

103 Kuhn         Lannert Kuhn (major)

112 Moody         Appel                       Moody (dec)

119 Johns         Schoerder Johns (fall)

125 Rueger         Henderson Rueger (dec)

130 King         Weinzaphel             Weinzaphel (dec)

135 Dowdy         Weinzaphel             Weinzaphel(dec)

140 Voegel         Sims                        Sims (tech)

145 Boyle          Zentopher   Zentopher (major)

152 Ritter          King                        Ritter (tech)

160 James          Easterling   Easterling (major)

171 Lovelace          Boots                         Lovelace (fall)

189              Fentress          Koester    Fentress (dec)

215 Whimpelberg    Kertcher    Kertcher (dec)

285 Benedyk          VanWinkle    Benedyk (dec)

112, 125, 130, 135, 189, 215, 285 could go ither way it will be a close one but i think Reitz will come out on top

MD guys getting tech'd and pinned?! How much have you watched MD over the last 15 years? Granted Reitz got two majors last year....BUT MD gave up ZERO falls and ZERO techs. This strategy is also how they win duals meets @ Center Grove.

As a former wildcat wrestler i know from 1st hand that md wrestlers don't get pinned.  It is very rare when u see a wildcat wrestler get pinned....they'll fight tooth and nail to get off there back....thats were  lots of bridging when we were younger always helps. 

!!!!!!GOODLUCK WILDCATS !!!!!!

One of the other great things about this meet is that the satnds will be packed with former wrestlers from both schools as well... they could probably have an alumni meet, but they would probably have to go with the 1min-30sec-30sec clock format  ;)

One of the other great things about this meet is that the satnds will be packed with former wrestlers from both schools as well... they could probably have an alumni meet, but they would probably have to go with the 1min-30sec-30sec clock format  ;)

And Replace Blood Time with Beer Time    ;D

WOW....prett bold prediction by the beast!

However, MD will have at least two falls, and Reitz will only have a fall if someone gets caught, however, they have some guys capable of catching you. There are a lot of things that need to go the way of Reitz to actually pull an upset her but there should be several outstanding matches.

I have a good feeling - my Reitz Elementary squad had a good practice last night and are sending out positive vibes to the high school team :) 

It's hard to believe (or maybe not) that the Courier didn't have an article about the match-up tonight!   :'( They've been doing a better job with the individual profile pieces but are still dropping the ball on the dual meets.   

there not going to post any news about wrestling because of basketball....Basketball gets all kinds of articles...they get more than football, baseball, soccer, ect. ect.......It's pretty bad when there isn't any kind of local sports on the front page.

This is always a hard fought dual from both teams.  I've seen years that MD has won by 19-20 and the match was much closer than the score.  Obviously it doesn't change the outcome of the match but the score doesen't always reflect how good of a match it was.  I don't rememeber this dual getting done before 9:00-9:30 in a long time.  I can't wait for this to start!

103 Kuhn major

112 Appell dec.

119 John tech

125 Henderson tech

130 Weinzapfel pin

135 Dowdy dec

140 Simms pin

145 Zentopher major

152 Ritter major

160 Easterling dec

171 Lovelace pin

189 Koester dec

215 Kertcher dec

285 VanWinkle pin

MD 39 ER 21

Historically, MD does not get pinned - particulary in dual meets.  But I did notice a pretty high pin count at the MD classic this year.  They seem to be wrestling better now so I don't expect to get that lucky.  Even if we did get them on their backs - it's tough to finish them off ;)  See profile picture ->  I can't believe nobody has commented on this :P

MD is obviously rolling through on that pic :-) That aside....its a picture, don't know what hapenned before or prior. That aside, I don't see a tech at 125 nor pins at 135 (or even a R win here) or 171. Other weight predictions are at least arguable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.