Al Smith finals

AJ

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I know and about the stalling call, I dont think it is right for a ref to decide the match, just like Harpers final match last year, Let em wrestle

I think it's the ref's way of appeasing the fans without directly affecting the outcome.  I think if Cashe was just up 1 going into that final 30 seconds, the ref wouldn't of called stalling.  But ya never know!!!

Sandefer gets a td leads 2-0

end of 1st

Sandefer chooses neutral

Sandefer gets another td, leads 4-0

Stahl gets the escape

Sandefer leads 4-1 after 2nd period

Stahl chooses top

Sandefer warned for stalling

Sandefer warned for stalling again

Sandefer wins 4-2

so cash is the beat of the year...over Brandon wright..8-6 OT...over Jason tsirts 4-3..over D'Marcus 9-11 OT..and over D'Marcus 9-10 both times spencer was up by 5 and cash turned on the beast mode...over Josh Harper 2-1

He's the man of the hour around that weight, but we will see if he can run the gauntlet again come state tournament time.  One thing is for sure, if most if not all of them stay in the same weight class who ever emerges the winner will have had one of the best state runs in IHSAA history.

I personally thought that Harper was stalling in the first period.  Cashe was all offense.

Well I wouldn't say that Harper was stalling.  I think it was just a greatly contested bout between 2 state champions.  There was just one move that decided the match.  Cashe was just slightly better, but nonetheless, the better wrestler.  My comment wasn't about whether or not Cashe was stalling.  But that it's funny that refs, generally speaking, seem to always throw in that late stall call to make the match closer and appease the fans.

Stein gets a td, leads 2-0

end of 1st

Stein takes bottom to start 2nd

Stein gets the escape

Stein gets a td, leads 5-0

Stein chooses down to start 3rd

Stein with an escape

Stein gets a td, leads 8-0

Kern gets an escape

Stein gets the td, leads 10-1

Stein wins

i didnt see the match...but yes normally if it wont affect the outcome of the match a ref will call a real late stall call seen it a ton of times

I'll just sum up the 3rd period for you.  Cashe's up 2-0 and Harper chooses top.  Harper rides and tries to turn while Cashe keeps a strong base.  Then, inexplicably, the ref hits Cashe for 2 stalls with about 30-40 seconds left for doing, virtually, the same thing that he was doing the first 1:30 of the period.  This is the single reason why I hate mat/riding position.  It's not necessarily the wrestling part, it's just at what point is the bottom and/or top guy stalling?  At least in the neutral position, it's a lot more clearer in my opinion.

Monix gets a td

Kurtz with an escape

Moniz gets another td, leads 4-1

Monix gets 2 pt. nearfall

Monix lead 6-1 at end of 1st

Monix leads 11-2 after 2nd period

Kurtz chooses down

Gets 1 point escape

Monix gets a td

Kurtzwith an escape

Monix wins

Mappes gets a td

Lopez escapes

Mappes leads 2-1 after 1st period

Mappes chooses down

Mappes escapes, leads 3-1

Lopez chooses down to start 3rd

Lopez gets the escape, (Mappes leads 3-2)

Mappes gets hit with a stalling

Mappes wins 3-2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.