Funny wrestling stories.

SeanMcMurray

So, I'm from SB Adams and we were wrestling SB Washington. (This was last year btw.) And our 112 pounder was wrestling and he was on top riding the guy.  At one point our guy crossfaces his opponent, and the bottom guy starts biting his arm.

When all of a sudden our guys yells, in a completely girly voice, "He's biting me!"

I mean it was out loud for all of us to hear

This is one of those "you had to be there" stories I guess. Cuz you really had to hear him say that. Lmao. It was the quote of the year.

Our guy ended up winning by the way. =)

**WARNING** If you are eating you just might want to wait before you read this(Clive suggested this the last time I wrote it 2 yrs ago)

When I wrestled many moons ago, we had a kid that had an acne problem...a very very bad one. To start things off, in the wrestling room one day we were practicing takedowns and I got to practice with you know who. Well, on one of my takedowns he went down on his back, nothing unusual about that........except.......uh......ok here it goes..... he had a zit about the size of a pea on his upper lip that popped and went into his mouth. He rolled over and started gagging and I must say that I did the same. Really nothing funny about that but I wanted to share. I have another story about this kid and I believe his only match he got to wrestle if you want to hear more but for now I'll stop.

ff

that is funny in like a "jackass" kind of way! 

Well since you asked here is the rest of the story:

I remember this kid wasn't a very good wrestler(3rd string but at least he was trying) and never got to wrestle any matches. Finally he got his chance and I won't mention the name of the other school but the water tower of the town had LAPEL on it. When he took off his warm-ups the guy he was going to wrestle seen his back and refused to wrestle him. They talked him into it if our wrestler put on a t-shirt...so now were set to wrestle. Well, as they wrestled in the 1st period, it became apparent that the zits on our wrestlers back were, lets say, not taking it kindly. By the time the 1st period ended his formerly white t-shirt was now a nice yellow and red(with some white if you looked close enough) color.  Needless to say that the wrestler from the other not mentioned team forfeited the rest of the match. It was a little sick but also a little amusing to witness.

ff

I remember a match from high school from our conference duals.  There were a couple of lighter wrestlers who were both cutting a good deal of weight to wrestle 125 (we'll call them purple and green).  We were off that round and I got to watch their matchup.  There was a good deal of anticipation because these were two fairly good wrestlers.  Anyway, Purple was down  by a small margin and Green caught him in a body scissors while he was sitting up.  Straining to get Purple on his back, Green squeezed the legs about as tight as I remember anyone squeezing in a match.  Purple's eyes got wide and he started to squirm and panic. Apparently the weight loss had left him with a bit of diarrhea.  He started to yell "Let me out! Let me out!" and wiggled as hard as he could.  He finally laid back on the mat and got pinned on purpose.  As soon as the referee raised the hands, he ran off the mat with a noticeabe bulge in the rear of his singlet.  We lost it at that point.  For some reason he would not tell us, he wrestled the rest of the afternoon in a JV singlet the coach brought with them.  Brings a whole new meaning to beating the crap out of someone.

I seen a match with the same problem an ex Evansville Central kid wrestling at a Mater Dei I believe it was a free style tourney

and the kid (I wont say his name) had the hershey squirts and the matched stoped he ran cleaned himself up put on another singlet and finished the match but I think he won cause the kid did not want to touch him!!

I seen a match with the same problem an ex Evansville Central kid wrestling at a Mater Dei I believe it was a free style tourney

and the kid (I wont say his name) had the hershey squirts and the matched stoped he ran cleaned himself up put on another singlet and finished the match but I think he won cause the kid did not want to touch him!!

i would have got hit about 10 times for fleeing the mat. :o

When I was in high school I was at practice and had an interesting experience. We were drilling cradles and I was the dummy. The other huy hit a standing cradle, threw me back, and the soft part of the back of my head hig the front of another guy's head. That's the last thing I remember until 2 hours later when I'm in the ER and they're trying to explain to me that I have a severe concussion.

Here's what I was told happened in between: Apparently when I hit I turned pale white. After laying on the mat for a minute the coaches came over to check on me and said "Will, are you alright?" I apparently stared at them, looked confused, and said "Water moccasain?" They started laughing until they realized I was serious. The rest of practice until my dad could come get me I was apparently laying in a corner to keep me upright and mumbling about robots, water sprinklers, and candy. My dad said all the way to the hospital I wouldn't shutup, just kept stringing together random words. To this day when I see the other guys who were there they will look at me and say "Water moccasain?"

I won't mention any names for face-saving purposes...

I met a guy in his late 20s at a Purdue/Michigan dual meet a few years ago.  I came to find out he was a 3-time state champion from whatever state he was from (It's slipping my mind at the moment).  He also wrestled at Purdue for a few years.  

As a high schooler, in I believe he said his junior year, he finished the season 31-1 and a state champion.  His one loss is the compelling factor...

He received a forfeit in your typical garden-variety weekend super dual.  As he was walking out onto the mat, he tripped over the edge of it.  After he stumbled a few times, he landed on his back and did a handspring to come to his feet.  The ref, who knew the wrestler was very good and looked as surprised as anyone, blew his whistle and slapped the mat.  The ref then went over to the official scorer and informed the scorer that the forfeiting team would get credit for a six-point victory.  The wrestler's coaches instantly became irate and referenced a rules book.

The ref called a touch fall for the wrestlers shoulders being on the mat.  The coaches tried to argue that since there was no opponent, there could be no touch fall.  The guy (upon talking to him years later) said that the ref was right in making this call, though trying to explain to his father (who was absent from that meet) why he lost was quite difficult!   :P

Wow this is crazy never would of thought of that happening. This would be the last thing you would think when some kid does that. Wonder what his dad thought  ;D

I think that your screenname should be WaterMoccasin! 

Should have thought of that sooner. Boot just came from being in a walking cast for a while in college, it's stuck ever since unfortunately. Thankfully my wrestlers here don't know the names yet.

Last year I wrestled a girl, let's keep the school to myself. But anyways, I was told before I went to the mat to make a quick pin; in which I did with a fast duck under. Well when she went to shake my coaches hand she said, "Man he's quick!" And as I walk back to my coaches they say, "Hey! You hear what she said about you? Your really quick." And I was like what can I say all the ladies say that :D ha

My junior year of HS I wrestled 112 and one of my opponents was a stocky and very hairy dude. It was the only time I have ever seen a wrestler at that weight look so intimidating. Of course my coach says to me "You can take him, he ain't that tough. Whistle goes off and I attack and go for the leg and he counters and after 10 seconds I find myself in I don't know what position except one shoulder on the mat and the other just about to touch. I'm trying to look for my coach and as I turn my head I see this guys nutsack right in front of my face. What else could I do but bite them as hard as I could. Wow, this changed the match completly as I quickly got out of his hold reversed him on his back and pinned him in less than 5 seconds. I went running over to my coach and he said he has never seen anything like that before and I said " Its amazing what biting your own nutsack will do".

ff

I'm trying to look for my coach and as I turn my head I see this guys nutsack right in front of my face. What else could I do but bite them as hard as I could. Wow, this changed the match completly as I quickly got out of his hold reversed him on his back and pinned him in less than 5 seconds. I went running over to my coach and he said he has never seen anything like that before and I said " Its amazing what biting your own nutsack will do".

ff

Not gonna lie, that is one of the strangest and most homosexual stories I have heard in my entire life. This is why we, the wrestlers, are labeled gay. Thanks, thanks a lot for a story that should have just stayed unknown.

I'm trying to look for my coach and as I turn my head I see this guys nutsack right in front of my face. What else could I do but bite them as hard as I could. Wow, this changed the match completly as I quickly got out of his hold reversed him on his back and pinned him in less than 5 seconds. I went running over to my coach and he said he has never seen anything like that before and I said " Its amazing what biting your own nutsack will do".

ff

Not gonna lie, that is one of the strangest and most homosexual stories I have heard in my entire life. This is why we, the wrestlers, are labeled gay. Thanks, thanks a lot for a story that should have just stayed unknown.

You may also want to thank the Fly for bring out one of the Worlds Oldest Wrestling Jokes and using it as his own expirence    ;D

ff

You may also want to thank the Fly for bring out one of the Worlds Oldest Wrestling Jokes and using it as his own expirence    ;D

Now just where did you think that joke came from? Huh BlueBolt? ???

ff

I went back to my high school a fwew years after I graduated to help out while I was in college.  The head coach, who is still the head coach today, was working a few cradle series and working on teh technique of some of the better wrestlers.  One of the wrestlers laughed and told the coach that he could not cradle him and that he could not be held in a cradle.  The coach said not only can I cradle you, but  I will hold you in the cradle for an hour.  Well, an hour later the young man was very sore because coach had him cradled tighter than a pretzel for an hour!  Coach even had another assistant get out a timer and run it so the wrestler could watch the time pass! It was hilarious!

A few years later the same coach had a kid lose a match and when he took off his ankle bands he threw them in the air.  The next day at practice the coach made him throw ankle bands at the wall for 2 hours!  We laughed as he threw them hard, and then they just floated to the ground. You could see the frustration on his face.

ff

Now just where did you think that joke came from? Huh BlueBolt? ???

ff

Well the first time I heard it...It was an American versus a Soviet wrestler back in the OLD DAYS when I was a kid.  

But then I am sure the exact same thing could happen twice to two different people, now if it happened twice to the SAME person - thats a different story!

In the 8th grade, John Hall was our coach at Young Middle School in Mishawaka.  This was 1980.  The night before a meet everyone would meet to weigh in after practice before going home so you knew your weight situation. 

We had a kid wrestling around 140.  When he weighed in, he was only an ounce or two below weight.  Coach Hall said, "don't eat anything."  Kid said ok.

We were in the locker room after school the next day for weigh in before the meet.  He steps on the scale and is a pound over weight.  Coach Hall asked him what he ate.  He said, "Coach I didn't eat anything at all last night until bedtime.  Then I was starving so all I had was a gallon of ice cream."  I thought Coach Hall's head was going to explode. 

Needless to say the kid had to sit that meet out.

Won't say names but last year a New Pal JV wrestler for some reason didn't have any underwear to wear under his singlet. While on bottom during his match our team and the whole crowd discovered the crotch in his singlet had a rather large hole in it. The ref had to stop the match and he had to go change singlets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.