Novice Class

1gold

I agree with Team Mills

In my opinion 1st and 2nd are the most important spots to get right. So wrestle to a true second and more times than not it works out.

I would like to see some kind of point system to encourage kids to wrestle at local tournaments  but I am against regional qualifiers. Although I speak highly of the first and second spot. There are a lot of  very competitive wrestlers that deserve an opportunity and have the ability to upset and place at our state tournament.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An easy way to do it:

Seed the TOP 4 in each bracket by last year's placings. Simple.

(e.g. if the bracket being seeded was a Novice division, last year's Novice placers would take precedence over Intermediate placers, etc. If both wrestlers placed "5th" in the Novice last year, go by team points they scored last year to break the tie and so on)

It would add on more time for the administrators, of course...and I know it would be a Pain but it is an option. You certainly couldn't have a seeding meeting, Oh lord! (talk about a mess! and the time it would take! and the policemen that would have to be in attendance to keep the fighting to a minimum!)  :) :) :) :)

An easy way to do it:

Seed the TOP 4 in each bracket by last year's placings. Simple.

(e.g. if the bracket being seeded was a Novice division, last year's Novice placers would take precedence over Intermediate placers, etc. If both wrestlers placed "5th" in the Novice last year, go by team points they scored last year to break the tie and so on)

It would add on more time for the administrators, of course...and I know it would be a Pain but it is an option. You certainly couldn't have a seeding meeting, Oh lord! (talk about a mess! and the time it would take! and the policemen that would have to be in attendance to keep the fighting to a minimum!)  :) :) :) :)

This is a great idea!! One of the fantastic features of trackwrestling is the ease with witch it handles seeding. You put your criteria in place and track does the rest. This would be another excellent point for discussion at the ISWA?s annual meeting.

Well put, true second is the only way to fix the problem without turning the tourney into a complete mess. Seen #2 get third more times than I care to discuss.  >:( Simple fix, but we have to do it the way we always have. Don't we? ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.