Novice Class

1gold

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Rumor that Lahue is 70,75. That kid is lookin really tough this year. You can never count out this kid in any state or national event. Bailey is one of the most dedicated wrestlers I have ever seen. He is goin to open up some eyes this year.

Oh Stop, will ya! Hold on, I got powdered sugar on my fingers!

Okay, I am good now...

We wrestled at CP last weekend, it was blocked...Jake and Darden wrestled for the Million'th time in their young lives! (I think they have wrestled each other 15-20 times since the age of 5) haha...Jake won, it was a great match. They wrestle each other twice a week at CIA-NW so there are no surprises when they meet up...and they are partnering with Jason Crary there too so it's good action in practice. Jason looks tremendous and will be very tough at 85 for Folkstyle State.

Drew Hughes won his block at CP also...

I think at this stage of the season, Jake will be going 80 for Middle School state and Drew will be going 75 but for Folkstyle State, Jake will go 75 and Drew will go 70...the fact that middle school state doesn't have a 70lb class bumped both of them up...we have never put them in the same weight class.

Coach Griffith, you now have the skinny so far this Indiana Season...LOL  :) :) :)

Good to hear from the Northwest Reporter.

And it sounds like CP was a good bracket.  *Congrats Jake , Drew and Jason .*

We wrestled at Penn this past weekend. There was only 2 wrestlers at Novice 75lbs and I am not sure who won that. At Novice 80 there were 8  wrestlers. Tyler placed first over Daniel Hesch. Jay Franco placed 3rd also wrestling in 80 were Jacob Krause, Levitz of Praire Heights and Luke  Sinkovics of Mishawaka.

Gage Marcuccilli won the Novice 85lbs.

Franklin had several at 85 this past weekend.  Blake Rypel 1st, Cyle Vaughn 2nd.  Not sure about placement after that but Bryant Haynes, Tristen Tonte, Thomas Dull and a few others were in there too.

Jordan Vaughn won 80, pretty sure Brett Johnson got 2nd.

Jack Chastain won 75.

• 2 weeks later...

Novice results from Southmont:

70- 1st Noah Warren,  2nd- Daveon Bell

75 was split into 2.  I saw Griffin Schermer win one, 2nd at the other was Morgan Pruitt (missed all the rest)

80- Jordan Vaughn and Brett Johnson in the finals again, 3rd and 4th were Ian Rodimel and Connor Moore

85-  Tristan Tonte 1st, Thomas Dull 2nd, Tyler Kloenhamer 3rd, Camryn Smith 4th

90- Blake Rypel 1st, Jordan Marion 2nd, Dylan Hart 3rd, Austin Eup 4th

95- Breighton Mullinex, Garrett Wilson, and Dominick Herrick were the top 3.

Other results from this weekend??

For state folkstyle- Patrick Spray looks like he has improved, probably be at 70 or 75.Hunter Jones making big gains but I'm not sure what weight he'll be at. Tristan Tonte seems to have improved a great deal. Mullinix and Wilson will be banging heads again I bet, should be fun to watch. Rypel is growing out of the middle division and into the big boys weights. Good luck to all.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to catch up with old friends at folkstyle state! The competition at 80lbs will be tremendous. We are looking forward to a great time.

80lbs has some heavy hitters so far:

Darden Schurg (not yet registered)

Brock Morgan

Tanner Shipley

Jake Krause

Jordan Vaughn

It should be an exciting day of wrestling on Sunday! Good luck to everyone!

---Coach Tucker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.