Security of the board

AJ

I know that Y2 is a computer whiz, but what are the chances of this board getting hacked liked the previous board?  That board was getting hacked about once every 2 months or so. 

If it does get hacked, will we have to wait a minimum of 6 days before it gets fixed?  >:(    >:(

Well first off, we will have top notch security team.  The board is pretty secure as that is one of the things I looked for when researching what type of board to go to.  Of course I will have to update with security patches and such, but overall this should be a pretty secure board.  PhpBB(the one the old site is on) has tons of hacks and security breaches.  You can search YouTube and find ways to hack those boards.

• 5 months later...

It really grinds my gears when people post to reeeeaaaaalllly old topics!

(Ironically it grinds my gears when people draw out words too.)

Whhhhhhyyyy dooooeeeeessss ittttt botttthhhhheeerrr yyyyyyyyyyyooooooouuuuuuuuu ssssssoooooooooooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuch  lllllllooooollllll

You can search YouTube and find ways to hack those boards.

So you were the one that hacked the old board haha

That go the last guy that joked about that one banned for a few weeks.  :)

Basically the board security comes down to mostly website knowledge and vigilance.  

The IHSWA website was a bunch of wrestling coaches and such with little computer know how as far as a website goes.  They had to go as far as using other people they knew to help put together the website and take care its problem. Because those other people had additional things in life t odo fixing the site for free sometimes took a little longer than some of us would have liked.  They and the coaches also did not have the time and effort to monitor the actions of the board 24/7.   That made it hard for them to properly run and control the message board.  Since that coaches assiciation did not want any conflicting issues with people they were not closely associated with them others with computer knowledge from helping with the site.  This is somewhat understandable for an organization that does not want any possible issues to happen that they could control.    However, it meant the hacking type problems were not fixed easily.

The indianamat.com website has Y2 with multiple computer skills.  Plus lets face it its Y2's baby so he's going to be on here a lot to monitor its success and safety (though lets face it he was always on the old site a lot too).  He also has a backup team that also is aware of basic computer items.  They also have enough time on their hands to monitor the board almost 24/7 so that any problems that may occur get caught early.  This site has some other additional advantages as far as look and information is concerned, compared to the other site, because of the knowledge and additional time.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.