Fort Wayne Semi States Dominance

Im not bitter or crying.  I really think the guys from small schools have it all figured out.  I see the stats they throw out on this website re numerous subjects and am in awe.  if they are so committed to indiana wrestling and just cant bear to leave the small school environment because they are there for the good of indiana wrestling, I understand.  I just wish they would put together a seminar program that coaches from underperforming big schools could come and learn.  and if northeast indiana is the only area where big schools are underperforming, then im sure a certain someone from garrett and maybe even a couple of his most vociferous webiste pals could set up a three day workshop at the coliseum. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon.  You know I know very little, im a dumb parent.  Ive never held myself out as being able to save indiana h.s. wrestling like u.  pretty sure  your platform revolves around classing individual and team and making sure there are no weight classes dominated by freshmen. 

Cmon.  You know I know very little, im a dumb parent.  Ive never held myself out as being able to save indiana h.s. wrestling like u.  pretty sure  your platform revolves around classing individual and team and making sure there are no weight classes dominated by freshmen. 

So you will just keep trolling away huh?  Seems about right for someone that refuses to look at the data and instead bases all information on their emotions.  If you want to know why I haven't gone after a head coaching job at another school, I will tell you, I DON'T WANT TO COACH ANYWHERE ELSE AT THIS TIME.  There you have it troll.

Now you are starting to piss me off.  It is not always about the size of the school.  It is also about the demographic of an area.  Homestead is a great example.  Pursley is an awesome coach but struggles with the type of kid you get at Homestead.  Put him in a blue collar working class demographic and I guarantee he will produce top notch teams every year.  (Not that his teams now are bad)  As any wrestler or coach knows we are a different breed of person some schools have more of them some schools have less.  Yes you can build a school up and the school will start taking pride in their wrestling program and you get better and more athletes.  But some schools will be at a disadvantage from the start, just by the type of kid that goes to the school or the fact that the school is focused on other sports.  (basketball)

Quit trying to pigeon hole a problem that is more complex than "my school is big and your school is small."  I would kill for some of the kids that go to Garrett and they are very small school compared to us.  Yes they do a good job with their kids and ours also.  :) But there was a day that even though our school was much bigger our open mats had two to three times as many Garrett kids as our kids.  Don't you dare say it is because the smaller schools work harder, because there is more to it than just that and it is an insult to a lot of coaches that work their tail off just to get to where they are now.

So you will just keep trolling away huh?  Seems about right for someone that refuses to look at the data and instead bases all information on their emotions.  If you want to know why I haven't gone after a head coaching job at another school, I will tell you, I DON'T WANT TO COACH ANYWHERE ELSE AT THIS TIME.  There you have it troll.

Lol.  Im a troll.  Guess sarcasm is now the definition of being a troll.  If that be the case, guess it takes a troll to know a troll y2.  But I take that as a compliment, thanks.

Lol.  Im a troll.  Guess sarcasm is now the definition of being a troll.  If that be the case, guess it takes a troll to know a troll y2.  But I take that as a compliment, thanks.

I forgot you are the only one with the authority to label someone a troll.  I know you are still bitter about raising 103 and the fact that I called it three years ago.  Its alright you might get something right someday.

Now you are starting to piss me off.  It is not always about the size of the school.  It is also about the demographic of an area.  Homestead is a great example.  Pursley is an awesome coach but struggles with the type of kid you get at Homestead.  Put him in a blue collar working class demographic and I guarantee he will produce top notch teams every year.  (Not that his teams now are bad)  As any wrestler or coach knows we are a different breed of person some schools have more of them some schools have less.  Yes you can build a school up and the school will start taking pride in their wrestling program and you get better and more athletes.  But some schools will be at a disadvantage from the start, just by the type of kid that goes to the school or the fact that the school is focused on other sports.  (basketball)

Quit trying to pigeon hole a problem that is more complex than "my school is big and your school is small."  I would kill for some of the kids that go to Garrett and they are very small school compared to us.  Yes they do a good job with their kids and ours also.  :) But there was a day that even though our school was much bigger our open mats had two to three times as many Garrett kids as our kids.  Don't you dare say it is because the smaller schools work harder, because there is more to it than just that and it is an insult to a lot of coaches that work their tail off just to get to where they are now.

Bravo aoberlin.  Couldn't agreee with this post more.  Your observations on the Homestead program are spot on.  My posts have obviously been dripping with sarcasm and your post sums up pretty much my beliefs. 

I forgot you are the only one with the authority to label someone a troll.  I know you are still bitter about raising 103 and the fact that I called it three years ago.  Its alright you might get something right someday.

Cmon y2, the only one with any authority on this website is you.  We all know that.  As far as never being right, my  son and I got a good laugh because I'm rarely if ever right about much.  I have gotten great satisfaction reading your taunts to me about 103 being raised as I don't believe I have mentioned anything about that subject in any of my posts on this thread.  You're reaching to insult me which I find humerous and intriguing.

Love,

From one troll to another

Aoberlin you bring up a lot of good stuff, but I am not in total agreement with everything.  I think wrestling can carry over any social or economic class.  I rarly bring Carrol (white collar area) into my arguement because they are starting to do the right thing with thier program.  They have some 80 wrestlers and are quickly becoming one of northeast Indiana's dominant programs.  I have seen that with several wealthy areas(Yorktown, Mater Dei, Mishawaka, ext).  I have also seen a lot of the blue collar areas with solid teams(Belmont, Columbia City,a lot of teams in the region, ect).  I am just saying it can be done anywhere.  One example that comes to mind is Snider.  10 years ago with Indiana Tech coach Ester at the helm they were amongst the top teams in the state.  They had full rooms and many guys making state runs.  When he left the program died down until last year when they started to put together their program again.  You can follow a great coach, they can go anywhere and win.  Look at coach Kerby from Columbia City.  I believe he started at Bluffton and built a solid team with several state level wresters and a few ACAC titles.  Since then the Bluffton program has had a few staters, but the numbers are way down(5 or 6 total wrestlers now).  Then he went to Columbia City where he turned one of the worst teams in the NHC into a state powerhouse.  He could have coached anywhere and had good success.  You could take Belmonts core group of coaches and parents and put them in any Fort Wayne school and in 5 years they would have one of the best wrestling programs in the state.  Or You could take any of FOrt Waynes cores and put them in Belmont and the program would quickly deterierate.

You really seem to think Carroll is a dominant program, don't you?  They have won one sectional title in 10 years.  Lets see how they do next year after graduating half their starters.  On top of that if you knew anything about Carroll you would know the reason for their latest surge :)

No actually I don't think Carrol is dominant yet, but they are well on thier way.  Any time you get 60-80 guys out for a team you will give yourself a shot.  Carrol may not win it this year but they will be a favorite almost every year as long as they can keep their numbers up.  Are you implying that your the reason for Caroll's success your a joke.  WHat did you do coach a few of them in the offseason?  Thats about as arragant statement as I have ever heard.  Garret hasn't won anything so maybe your throwing your expertise in the wrong place.  Your offensive and a complete joke.

It is more than a "few" that regularly come to Garrett to train.  If you even peruse the senior night program you will see my name multiple times :).

If you think that our kids are only working with you in the off season then you are living up to your college nickname as crazy Joe.  If anything coach Jordan has been a bigger influence on our program than you.  Is this why you have been kicking Carroll kids out of your room.  Your my favorite roughneck but there is more going on with Carroll Wrestling then your club on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Like all good programs we will not let graduation be an excuse!

I love how you act like you have made the Carrol team.  You act like you are in their room Monday through Friday. You have hit a new low with your smugness and disrespect of the Carrol program.  I mean come on your own team can not produce a stater many years yet somehow you try and take the credit for every tom dick and harry who walks through the door on a random Monday at Garrett High school.  Quit lying to yourself Joe.  A man who lives on other peoples credentials is no man at all.  I hear Tsirtis, Escobedo, Phillips, and Nathan Boston stopped by for an hour and you total changed who they were as wrestlers.  Get real. 

If you think that our kids are only working with you in the off season then you are living up to your college nickname as crazy Joe.   If anything coach Jordan has been a bigger influence on our program than you.  Is this why you have been kicking Carroll kids out of your room.  Your my favorite roughneck but there is more going on with Carroll Wrestling then your club on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Like all good programs we will not let graduation be an excuse!

Due to insurance and liability reasons if an individual doesn't have a USAW card they cannot practice. 

The Carroll program has benefited from the club about as much as any program in the area.  Over the past two years Carroll kids usually outnumbered Garrett kids at the club.   I know it isn't the only place they go, but coming to Garrett has been a staple for many of them.

What has made their program good the past couple years is a dedicated group of wrestlers and parents that will haul their kids anywhere and everywhere.  Without them Carroll would be were they were up until 2009.  They also go to a ton of tournaments and hope that some idiot that has no affiliation with Carroll shows up to coach them.

Mr. Tipton,

You have the slightest clue about them amount of time the Carroll kids has put in at GHS the past few years.  There are numerous times where Carroll kids outnumber any other school even Garrett,  You also do not have a clue of the days off of work I have taken and the mileage on my car that entailed going to tournaments or practices that included Carroll kids. 

This past year's Carroll team was very good, but would have been in a dogfight with the Whitko teams of the past two years.  Carroll benefited no real strong team contender this year in the sectional.   It is also hilarious that you spout off like that Carroll is the best of the best when they finished 4th at sectional last year with virtually the same team they had this year.

Come on Joe lets just be honest right here and now.  Let me just throw a hypothetical at you.  Lets say Whitcko had an offseason room and the Garrett wrestlers were all going there.  Then lets say the Whitcko's coach came on a public forum and said something along the lines of Garret's wrestling program is nothing without Whitcko's offseason.  Tell me you would not be offended by that.  I mean I don't understand if you are ignorant to what you say or if you truthfully think like that.  I am not saying you do not do a good job in the offseason I am saying there are somethings you shouldn't try and claim and you stepped over a big line.  In addition to that I have heard Carrol has had up to 80 students going out for their wrestling team.  I am not for sure, but I am willing to bet you come into contact with only 7 or 8 of them.  Maybe they are the better wrestlers, but those wrestlers were good before they came to your room.  Carrol's program is building and it rarly has anything to do with you Joe.  Once agian I want to thank you for your offseason room, but layoff the rediculous claims. 

Come on Joe lets just be honest right here and now.  Let me just throw a hypothetical at you.  Lets say Whitcko had an offseason room and the Garrett wrestlers were all going there.  Then lets say the Whitcko's coach came on a public forum and said something along the lines of Garret's wrestling program is nothing without Whitcko's offseason.  Tell me you would not be offended by that.  I mean I don't understand if you are ignorant to what you say or if you truthfully think like that.  I am not saying you do not do a good job in the offseason I am saying there are somethings you shouldn't try and claim and you stepped over a big line.  In addition to that I have heard Carrol has had up to 80 students going out for their wrestling team.  I am not for sure, but I am willing to bet you come into contact with only 7 or 8 of them.  Maybe they are the better wrestlers, but those wrestlers were good before they came to your room.  Carrol's program is building and it rarly has anything to do with you Joe.  Once agian I want to thank you for your offseason room, but layoff the rediculous claims. 

If there were a group of Garrett kids going elsewhere from Feb through July and the coach was hauling the kids all over the state and even to other states I am not naive enough to think that "working my magic Nov through Feb" was the reason the kids were good.  I just looked over their roster and 18 of their wrestlers have been club members in the past two years.  If a school the size of Carroll is getting 80 kids out for the team and struggling to beat Garrett and Whitko, both 2A schools, it doesn't mean much.  For as long as I have been coaching Carroll has always had a large roster of at least 40 kids.

Like I said Carroll had a good team this year due to having a great set of dedicated parents and kids.  They have gotten a lot of offseason work from the Wabash and Jordan camps to a group going to Mishawaka every Tuesday.  They have also benefited greatly from the clinicians and practice partners up at the Roadrunner club.  I am not the only reason, but I know what affect the club has had on the kids at Carroll.

Still a degree of arrogance with you.  I am not going to argue any more about that I think you have proven my point for me.  You have proven to me at least that you have a low class way of trying to boost what you do up.  Its ok though whatever you have to do to make yourself feel more important.  I don't see any of these other RTC guys on here making the claims you make and I don't think I ever will either.  I am sure you do a great job, but you can be a real ass in the way you present yourself.

Terry "The Truth" Tipton

Tipton - the sooner you figure out y2 mostly says stuff on this website to get a rise out of people the sooner your blood pressure will decrease.  It makes for great discussions and if he wasn't fanning the flames, this site wouldn't be half as interesting as it is.  If you've ever met him in person, he's about as mild mannered  a guy as you'll meet.  Spar away, just don't let the barbs get to you.

Come on Joe lets just be honest right here and now.  Let me just throw a hypothetical at you.  Lets say Whitcko had an offseason room

Whitko does have an off-season room, its just not an RTC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.