Marion County Seeds

wrestler60160

Any of you Marion County Tourney veterans care to ballpark the semi-finals or finals start times? Is there a lunch break or a break between rounds at all? Thanks.

well it would be a lot easier if we had done it like this before its all one day this year i think the semi's will be about 4 and finals at like 7 or 8

No county team has ever swept or really come close to sweeping the finals. In 2007, Perry Meridian had 7 champs (Jimmy Schoettle - 112, Chris Goodwin - 125, Jacob Tasseff - 135, John Leonard - 140, Chris Stepp - 152, Chris Schaefer - 215, Chico Adams - 285), 3 runners-up (Brian Vest - 130, Blake Wood - 145, Cory Hudgins - 160) 1 3rd (Jacob Tonte - 119), 2 4ths (Michael Clem - 103, Mike Hughey - 171) and 1 5th (Nick Barnes - 189). I know Beech Grove had some great teams when they won 5 in a row, but this is the best that I can remember.

This county should be a good one:

Top 3 at each weight:

103  Boston, Whitten, Cottey  Boston too much for everyone here, I like Whitten's experience

112  LeCount, Newkirk, Sparks  Newkirk is good, but LeCount is one of the best freshmen in the state and will win by 5

119  Moss, Boston, Schmith    Moss Boston will be a good one but like Levi here

125  Kieffer, McKinley, Reeves  Should be the match of the day, but I think it will be tough for Jared to win again

130  Johnson, Bova, Ellis        Johnson far and above the rest, but Bova is much improved and solid

135  Kieffer, Roberts, Shoemaker  Justin will run away with this one

140  Rattay, Kieffer, Louzon    Rattay will dominate but I like the rest of this weight class..

145  James, Edwards, Riedling  Who seeded this and why is Kameron James ranked 6th? He's my "dark horse" haha

152  Johnson, Ford, Rojas        Johnson dominates a rather light weight class

160  Harz, Spencer, Judkins  Solid weight where I feel #1 gets 4th, will be some good matches!

171  Smith, Masengale, English  Smith too strong, I like Masengale's funk and headlocks

189  Haskett, Mueller, Tasseff  Haskett should win handily, will be some tight matches here

215  Cooper, Tucker, Sanders    Cooper's movement should outlast Tucker's strength again here

HWT  White, Thigpen, Henson  White will turn it on and outlast the others, as usual most unpredicable weight

I see Perry winning the team title with a lot of depth, but look out for Lawrence North and Roncalli with their individuals if they can win some upset matches!

See ya this weekend!

Prof. Tough

Lecount by atleast 6!  Schoettle must of had a very bad match against Newkirk for him to lose by that much.  Newkirk is good but not 14 points better everytime against Schoettle.  Lecount would beat him most of the time by same score!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.