Mater Dei Classic

MVwatcher

I know its early but I saw Mt. Vernon finally came to their senses and put the Mater Dei Classic on their schedule. And I was wondering what are all the teams competing there this year?

Your post seems to indicate that it was Mt. Vernon who allowed Mater Dei to put them into the Classic.  I'd be willing to bet that's not the case.  I know the MD coach wanted to keep the tourney to 16 teams.  Unless he changed his mind, someone had to drop out for MV to get in it.  

And as far as coming to their senses, the Connersville Tournament is still a good tournament. Having been in on MV's inaugural trip to Connersville (and quite a few after that), I know that one of the few drawbacks is the travel time, which was app. 5 hours one way.

To answer your question, some of the teams are (at least last year) Tell City, Vincennes, Gibson Southern, Union Co., Mt. Carmel, Nor. Posey, Memorial (all of whom MV already sees), MD, Franklin Comm., Sullivan, Lou. Trinity, New Albany, Floyd Central, Lou. St. Xavier, and a few others I've forgotten.

I agree that Connersville was a great tourney to be apart of,  however the Holiday isn't go to exactly be a walk through and it is alot closer to home.  And the con is as tHeckman pointed out that MV wrestles alot of the schools that are going to be there already.  I personally hope some of these out of state schools make this a competitive tourney, while mixing up with some of the talent of our indiana schools.

Your post seems to indicate that it was Mt. Vernon who allowed Mater Dei to put them into the Classic.  I'd be willing to bet that's not the case.  I know the MD coach wanted to keep the tourney to 16 teams.  Unless he changed his mind, someone had to drop out for MV to get in it.  

And as far as coming to their senses, the Connersville Tournament is still a good tournament. Having been in on MV's inaugural trip to Connersville (and quite a few after that), I know that one of the few drawbacks is the travel time, which was app. 5 hours one way.

To answer your question, some of the teams are (at least last year) Tell City, Vincennes, Gibson Southern, Union Co., Mt. Carmel, Nor. Posey, Memorial (all of whom MV already sees), MD, Franklin Comm., Sullivan, Lou. Trinity, New Albany, Floyd Central, Lou. St. Xavier, and a few others I've forgotten.

Gibson southern hasnt been in it for a few years now..

I am not saying that it was Mt. Vernon alone, but I do think that Connersville is not as good as it once was.

now on another note It looks like we might have a heck of a match up at 145, 152, and 160

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.