How many ranked wrestlers……?

How many ranked individuals currently in regional brackets in the top 20 Indiana mat power polls DO NOT advance to simi state ? Due to upset, illness / injury default, weight miss 

I set the over under line at 4.5 across the state -110

a true testament to the rankers abilities they don’t get things perfect but they’re dang close

On 11/16/2021 at 4:19 PM, MScholar said:

Appreciate your input.   I would make the suggestion to take these less seriously.   As there is no prize awarded. Further, any whining by parents is not considered.  Your message that I am responding to should show a direct reflection of that.  If and when you have negative things to say about other youth wrestlers (by name), I would suggest putting in the public forum and not in a private message.  As I feel each young man on the list, further any whom of which steps onto the mat, is a champion already.   

Hope you enjoy the rankings moving forward.   And always willing to listen and read constructive criticism and thoughts regarding Indiana wrestling. 

11 minutes ago, Ghengis86 said:

Ayden Campbell #15S/#5SS, 126 from Chesterton was 0.1 over on the lightest scale. 

.1 and didn’t run it off…………….

3 minutes ago, MScholar said:

.1 and didn’t run it off…………….

Per the rules once weigh-ins have started wrestlers are not allowed to do anything extra that would look like losing weight. So it’s just standing in line and hoping you at least can make it on your one challenge scale attempt.  Like most other I would assume he would have done what he could in the short time in the gym prior to weigh-ins starting but the hope didn’t get him there this time. 

2 minutes ago, MattM said:

Per the rules once weigh-ins have started wrestlers are not allowed to do anything extra that would look like losing weight. So it’s just standing in line and hoping you at least can make it on your one challenge scale attempt.  Like most other I would assume he would have done what he could in the short time in the gym prior to weigh-ins starting but the hope didn’t get him there this time. 

All I heard was he was on check scale .1 over.   And called it a day.   🤷🏻‍♂️.   This was prior to official weigh in.    It’s a shame when people miss weight in state series.    But I appreciate the rule quote.   

2 minutes ago, MScholar said:

All I heard was he was on check scale .1 over.   And called it a day.   🤷🏻‍♂️.   This was prior to official weigh in.    It’s a shame when people miss weight in state series.    But I appreciate the rule quote.   

Should have tried to squeeze into the 106 lbers singlet ...might have been .1 lighter

9 minutes ago, MScholar said:

Not sure he checked prior. We always check the scales before weigh-ins; that’s why I referenced the lightest scale in my post, only that I knew, not him (and can see where you’d interpret it as if the kid knew).  The lightest scale just happened to be the one that the light weights used for official weigh-ins.  All the other scales were heavier. 

Edited by Ghengis86
Clarification

I never understood how when the state tournament begins, a wrestler can miss weight. In most cases, the wrestler has been wrestling that weight class all year long. If a kid is struggling that hard to make weight, perhaps they should move up a spot. I also think it falls on coaches too. Make sure your wrestler is on weight in the morning before leaving, or get to the site as early as possible to check weights and give your wrestler a chance. I know in some cases a kid is just done, and doesn’t think they can make it. You definitely have to be mentally tough when cutting weight. 

It could be possible that he knew he was right at 126.0 on the lightest scale and wasn’t nervous about.  Then just a slight movement of that scale before or during weighins could have changed it by 0.1.  I think this happened a few years ago at the Castle Regional with a good wrestler