Get this Started for February

Dear IHSAA, 

Screw the split session from Covid! If you want to continue to buck tradition, then fine start Friday morning with a parade of champions at 9am and wrestle all weights in one session with a change. Wrestle backs for the 8 first round losers with a chance to get back to 3rd. The second session can determine who will wrestle in the semi finals Saturday morning and who has been eliminated from medaling. No long break between sessions on Friday. This will be a full 2 day event just like the other sports instead of the fake "2 day" that's more 1.5 days.

13 minutes ago, rookie78 said:

Sounds like a modified 2 session event Friday according to Mr. Faulkens. Hopefully better than last 2 years, or 3, or however many it has been.

I'm more worried about #TicketGate2023. 

The issue is a modified 2 session event. The 2 sessions should just be one each day. Hate the splitting by weight classes. Unnecessary is the only way to describe it. 

24 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

The issue is a modified 2 session event. The 2 sessions should just be one each day. Hate the splitting by weight classes. Unnecessary is the only way to describe it. 

Correct. 1,000,000%

Faulkens thought this year would be better, but still 2 sessions........I can't figure it out either.

1 hour ago, rookie78 said:

Sounds like a modified 2 session event Friday according to Mr. Faulkens. Hopefully better than last 2 years, or 3, or however many it has been.

I'm more worried about #TicketGate2023. 

How are they doing it this year?

1 hour ago, AJ said:

How are they doing it this year?

He never gave any details other than it would be some type of "hybrid" (I believe that was the term used) of the last 2 years.  Time will tell. There was brief discussion on this topic at our coaches/officials dinner in ft. Wayne in early December.