Jay County Regional

blueandgold

I’ve been keeping a close eye on wrestling in the Fort Wayne Semi-State as of late because the guy I learned the most about wrestling and work ethic from is now the head coach at Delta, and after looking at the Jay County Regional, this is quietly the most competitive regional in the state next to Mooresville. Between Bellmont, Delta, and Yorktown as the three historic programs along with quality programs such as Adams Central, Daleville, and Jay County, and rising programs in Bluffton, Monroe Central, Muncie Central, Norwell, and South Adams, I can say that this is a strong regional. I’m excited to see how these programs grow because this regional has the potential to become THE regional in a few years.

4 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

Very strong. Add to the fact those are mostly rural schools that aren't that big. There are some deep weight classes coming out of there.

I didn’t even think about that. Hats off to them. Resources and training opportunities go a long way in this sport, and most rural schools don’t have them for many reasons. So, to see so many teams from this site produce a lot of quality, it makes me happy because it says something about the coaches and the wrestlers’ commitment to the sport. I’ll be rooting for them come tournament time.

Those regional is finally getting some recognition… The jay county sectional is very hard and then you add MC, Cowan, delta and Yorktown at regional! Someone could do the math but the amount of teams that qualify from that regional to teams state is ridiculous! I think off the top my head it’s 7(between 1A and 2a). Great regional for small school wrestling!