Iran wrestling news

3 gold 2 silver in FS, 2 gold 2 silver 1 bronze in GR. Overall very happy with that.

As an aside, Japanese wrestler Sosuke Takatani was commentator for todays matches and he had a lot of praise for Zare. Was saying how Japanese wrestlers need to study his style for beating bigger guys as the smaller wrestler, and called his style the model style to follow.

1 hour ago, damavand mountain said:

I would like to see you go and beat these same opponents if its so easy

That's not the point. None of us out of shape guys can beat these guys. But Taylor also beats these same guys by pin or 10+, so Yazdani's performance proves nothing for comparing him to Taylor.

6 hours ago, damavand mountain said:

For me today yazdani proved he is still better than american taylor

He should prove it when he wrestles DT, and the 5-1 H2H record speaks for itself. 

Yazdani is a great, but DT is better. I don't like that any more than you do, but that's reality. 

10 hours ago, danny rihani said:

Under 23 world championships supposed to be the second biggest tournament of the year why no one talkin abou it !!

To me personally I put u23 a distant 3rd in terms of importance behind seniors then u20.

As for Iran’s line up, I have no idea. That’s the kind of info I rely on the more knowledgable posters in this thread for.

4 hours ago, kmrabr said:

To me personally I put u23 a distant 3rd in terms of importance behind seniors then u20.

As for Iran’s line up, I have no idea. That’s the kind of info I rely on the more knowledgable posters in this thread for.

Yeah i get why juniors world is important, but U23 seniors should be more prestigeous.

7 hours ago, kmrabr said:

this is spot on...

not that i would not be super pumped if one of the boys won a U23 medal, but, U20 is still far more prestigious...

42 minutes ago, LJB said:

this is spot on...

not that i would not be super pumped if one of the boys won a U23 medal, but, U20 is still far more prestigious...

The best U23 wrestlers are too busy winning medals at the senior games.

I personally think U-23 games are unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, Irani said:

The best U23 wrestlers are too busy winning medals at the senior games.

I personally think U-23 games are unnecessary.

The best part of the U23 world champs is when we send our U20 wrestlers and see them tested against a more mature set of wrestlers

14 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

How come?

Some of the top countries haven't always sent their main guys to the U23 competition in the past.  I'd assume part of that has to do with those wrestlers also preparing for Senior-level events.  Also, if I recall they dropped the event awhile in the early 2000s, so that may play a factor in some countries being slow to become interested in it again.  The U20 even seems to have become a little more consistent with attracting the best young talent that their country feels could be on the cusp of making a Senior-level splash for the next Olympic cycle.