Iran wrestling news

1 hour ago, kkiane said:

Well god willing he has a very good chance to become the first

I would rather Zare wins Olympic Gold, that is more special 

Geno is clearly declining, Zare has Taha's number and Taha isn't going to get any better at his age (33 next month). Other than Gable returning I don't think anyone can stop Zare at the moment. Even if Gable does return, he hasn't been as active as Zare for a while and I would favour Zare to beat him. 

Maybe Tazhudinov will move to 125kg eventually, he is huge. But I don't think he will do it yet. 

Edited by The Genius

Kavianinejad, Alizadeh, Sohrabi all through to semis.

Dalkhani was 5-2 down against sultanguli but won challenge. Back to 3-2. Then he challenges an action he thinks he scored 2 off but wasn’t given anything. Lost the challenge and lost to kazak 4-2. He’s out.

Uninspiring 1-1 win for Kavianinejad, Alizadeh also through to final comfortably 5-1.

Sohrabi was 7-0 up but kaz won a challenge and he was cautioned 2pts and put in parterre. He managed to stand out and get behind for another 2pts but was rolled through and pinned by Shermakhanbet!

At 60 Suzuki techs the kazak Sultangul so Dalkhani is out.

Tonight Sohrabi wrestles for bronze, Alizadeh has a tough final against Berdimiratov, and from what I’ve seen today Kavianinejad needs a miracle against Akzhol.

Sohrabi wrestled very well winning bronze 3-2. Shaky start when Sohrabi seemed to def score a push out but wasn’t given and we didn’t challenge. Kept a very solid pace in 2nd period against very passive and defensively strong opponent.

57 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

2 silvers, 1 bronze. Not a great start.

Our best two GR guys wrestle tomorrow 

I was only disappointed by Dalkhani today, I don't expect anything from the others. We don't have a clear guy at 60kg now, I was hoping Dalkhani would lead the pack

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

Medved won 3 world golds at 97kg and 4 world golds at heavyweight

Medved won a total of 7 world gold and 3 Olympic gold

4 of his world gold and 2 of his Olympic gold were in heavyweight

18 hours ago, Irani said:

Medved won a total of 7 world gold and 3 Olympic gold

4 of his world gold and 2 of his Olympic gold were in heavyweight

The question was about how many world titles a wrestler has won at heavyweight, not about world titles at other weights or olympic titles

But still Medved is a good answer since he won 4 world golds at heavyweight (albeit one when the HW weight class was 97kg+)