Iran wrestling news

1 minute ago, The Genius said:

Dauletbekov with the upset early pin against Bagaev

DT will face the winner of Dauletbekov and Magamedov in the SF

And Magamadov beats Abakarov after he messed up his knee. Interesting things happening at 86.

Just now, The Genius said:

Amir Yazdani just beat Akmataliev 10-0... Wow. What a dominant, measured performance. 

This is the Yazdani we wanted to see the last few years. Now lets see if he can avenge his recent loss to Ramazanov in the SF later today.

What time are the semis?

Yazdani defeats Amine 7-2 and will wrestle Shapiev in the SF.

DT techs Sharipov and will wrestle Dauletbekov in his SF (Dauletbekov teched Magamedov very quickly).

Yazdani doesn't look great. How is the 28 year old Yazdani seemingly regressing while the 32 year old Taylor continues to peak? It's not looking good. 

Just now, The Genius said:

Yazdani defeats Amine 7-2 and will wrestle Shapiev in the SF.

DT techs Sharipov and will wrestle Dauletbekov in his SF (Dauletbekov teched Magamedov very quickly).

Yazdani doesn't look great. How is the 28 year old Yazdani seemingly regressing while the 32 year old Taylor continues to peak? It's not looking good. 

Silly people saying that he’s faking it to spring a surprise in the final, but I’m worried if he’ll even make the final at this point.

Just now, kkiane said:

The grounded rule needs to be eradicated, from like 4 push outs Yazdani got like 2 points

Amine was dropping to his knees every time he got close to the edge, the Americans know how to exploit that rule very well.

It is a ridiculous rule that benefits the passive / negative wrestler. It doesn't make any sense. 

3/4 of our day 1 wrestlers in the SFs which start in just over an hour from now. 

70kg: Amir Yazdani vs Ramazanov

86kg: Hassan Yazdani vs Javrail Shapiev

125kg: Amir Zare vs Taha Akgul 

We need to go 3-0 in those SF matches to stay in the team title race. Ideally Retherford/Parris lose too. 

2 minutes ago, kkiane said:

Silly people saying that he’s faking it to spring a surprise in the final, but I’m worried if he’ll even make the final at this point.

He didn’t look comfortable at all whenever Amine had a right side collar tie. Very worrying.

25 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

He didn’t look comfortable at all whenever Amine had a right side collar tie. Very worrying.

I was hoping to see him come with a new approach to facing a grounded opponent near the edge of the mat, but he hasn't changed anything. His underhooks haven't been as dominant either. 

But it's not unusual for DT to be more dominant than Yaz before a final then for them to have a very close match, so I am trying not to read too much into it. 

I always believed that Amir Yazdani at his best is world class.

the problem has always been his mental lapses

So far, in this championship he has been focused and looking really good.

now I am wondering if he will try 74 kg for the Olympics