Sad reality

Banks

Alright, Ive seen different topics made similar to this and its bothering me a lot. That being the state tournament. It breaks my heart how it is being ran and how it is not even close to how used to be. These kids work all year and offseason to experience the state tournament. But with state not having the parade of champions, splitting into two sessions Friday and limited seating for families. I just cant help but notice that the energy is off. Last years state tournament was so strange to experience. Covid restrictions obviously started the change, but there has to be a better way to run the state tournament and still include all of the things that make state what it is. Seeing the stands packed Friday night and all the wrestlers on the floor together, nothing beats the experience. 

Just now, Banks said:

Alright, Ive seen different topics made similar to this and its bothering me a lot. That being the state tournament. It breaks my heart how it is being ran and how it is not even close to how used to be. These kids work all year and offseason to experience the state tournament. But with state not having the parade of champions, splitting into two sessions Friday and limited seating for families. I just cant help but notice that the energy is off. Last years state tournament was so strange to experience. Covid restrictions obviously started the change, but there has to be a better way to run the state tournament and still include all of the things that make state what it is. Seeing the stands packed Friday night and all the wrestlers on the floor together, nothing beats the experience. 

There is a parade of champions before both sessions on Friday.

There is no limit on spectators. The IHSAA did the RIGHT thing in allowing parents of athletes to get first dibs on tickets. I would hate to have parents not have first dibs on tickets and be forced to watch their son or daughter from the nosebleeds.

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There is a parade of champions before both sessions on Friday.

There is no limit on spectators. The IHSAA did the RIGHT thing in allowing parents of athletes to get first dibs on tickets. I would hate to have parents not have first dibs on tickets and be forced to watch their son or daughter from the nosebleeds.

Yes, Parents getting first dibs is a win for families. Is the parade of champions just with the weights during that session? Because if so that still only addresses part of it. Having all the kids together Friday night is electric. Its the splitting that takes away from a big experience.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.