SIAC Run Down

SouthernBreeze

So let's get it started

Teams ranked

Mater Dei - they have some legit horses to make a run in February but this is NOT the unstoppable force they once were. With the loss of Nick Lee there is an obvious large set of shoes to fill there. It also appears that never ending well of reserves has all but dried up as of late. Only fielding 6 or

8 reserves has to be unheard of in Mater Dei history.

Castle - bringing so tough kids into thisthis fight. Castle is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Mater Dei. A growing youth program is showing strong hints of paying off. Experience and hard work from these kids will put them into a better position as time goes on.

Memorial, Central, Reitz - each have some tough individuals, but the over all team depth and number of horses needed to pull off a good showing in the SIAC is a question that needs to be answered. All three can place kids on thethe Mat at the Ford Center if not in Indy

NorthNorth, Harrison, Bosse - each have solid individual possibilites.

So it begins. Let's hear it

MD beat Castle 46-15 today, without Nick Lee and Will Egli.  Looked pretty unstoppable to me.  Castle is solid this year, and even had 5 individual wins against MD.  But MD's bonus points in their 9 wins were impressive.  Castle had convincing wins against Fern Creek, Bloomington South and Jeffersonville and an 84-0 win over Jasper.

Mater Dei is still top dog in the south.  Their feeder program is in good hands.  And MD is still top statewide until this year's team state.  Period.  And I say that being a Castle fan.

Castle will see the others soon so we will see how they stack up.

MD beat Castle 46-15 today, without Nick Lee and Will Egli.  Looked pretty unstoppable to me.  Castle is solid this year, and even had 5 individual wins against MD.  But MD's bonus points in their 9 wins were impressive.  Castle had convincing wins against Fern Creek, Bloomington South and Jeffersonville and an 84-0 win over Jasper.

Mater Dei is still top dog in the south.  Their feeder program is in good hands.  And MD is still top statewide until this year's team state.  Period.  And I say that being a Castle fan.

Do you have match by match results of the MD - Castle dual?

MD beat Castle 46-15 today, without Nick Lee and Will Egli. Looked pretty unstoppable to me. Castle is solid this year, and even had 5 individual wins against MD. But MD's bonus points in their 9 wins were impressive. Castle had convincing wins against Fern Creek, Bloomington South and Jeffersonville and an 84-0 win over Jasper.

Mater Dei is still top dog in the south. Their feeder program is in good hands. And MD is still top statewide until this year's team state. Period. And I say that being a Castle fan.

I heard about Lee, but what happened to Egli, is he hurt?

No one is saying Mater Dei isn't the top in the south west, but having seen some of the Indy area schools wrestle early this year, Mater Dei won't just walk in and take the trophy.

Castle is young and in expirenced but impressive in their early season performance so far.

It's a long year and a lot of things need to happen for a season to be a success.

Individuals from each of the 8 SIAC schools have nice shots at taking conference crowns

MD will have trouble with their current lineup at IHSWCA Team State.  If Nick Lee and Will Egli get back in the line-up (Nick was drilling yesterday between matches but didn't wrestle), then they will be hard to beat.

SIAC predictions of schools (Mater Dei, Castle, Memorial, Central, Reitz, North, Harrison, Bosse) who have a wrestler with a good chance of winning conference by weight:

106: MD, Castle

113: MD, Castle, Memorial

120: MD

126: CA, MD

132: North, Mem, MD, CA, Reitz

138: CA, MD

145: MD

152: MD, Memorial

160: MD, CA

170: CA

182: CA, MD

195: MD, Memorial

220: MD

285: MD, Harrison

Not a lot of parity IMO

No one is saying Mater Dei isn't the top in the south west, but having seen some of the Indy area schools wrestle early this year, Mater Dei won't just walk in and take the trophy.

Castle is young and in expirenced but impressive in their early season performance so far.

It's a long year and a lot of things need to happen for a season to be a success.

Individuals from each of the 8 SIAC schools have nice shots at taking conference crowns

while they may have some young ones on the team, I wouldn't say inexperienced. There's a reason why 5 starters in their line up are ranked 6th or higher in the SS ranking with 2 being ranked within the state rankings.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.