IU schedule

I thought they had a tri this weekend any other results as they get ready for Big Tens

125  Dakota Leach (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) won by decision over Alonzo Shepherd (Indiana) 5-1. 3.00 0

133  Joseph Duca (Indiana) won by decision over Patrick Myers (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 5-2. 0 3.00

141  Trevor Moody (Indiana) won by pin over John Petrov (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 4:59. 0 6.00

149  Eric Roach (Indiana) won by tech fall over Karsten Van Velsor (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 4:40 20-4. 0 5.00

157  Alex Gregory (Indiana) won by decision over Logun Taylor (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 10-3. 0 3.00

165  Ryan Leblanc (Indiana) won by decision over Matthew Lester (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 6-4. 0 3.00

174  Jake Residori (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) won by decision over Mathew Irick (Indiana) 6-4. 3.00 0

184  Lucas Sheridan (Indiana) won by decision over Deshoun White (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 4-0. 0 3.00

197  Cheney Dale (Indiana) won by decision over Josh Wood (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 3-2. 0 3.00

285  Adam Chalfant (Indiana) won by decision over David Devine (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 8-2. 0 3.00

Dual Meet Score 

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

N.Gaimann

I find it interesting, on one hand Purdue schedules Northern Iowa University. I U chooses to line up these two institutions of higher learning, to tune for The BIG tournament every year. I think we are seeing a changing of the guard,of D1 schools, here in Indiana.

I find it interesting, on one hand Purdue schedules Northern Iowa University. I U chooses to line up these two institutions of higher learning, to tune for The BIG tournament every year. I think we are seeing a changing of the guard,of D1 schools, here in Indiana.

I think its been somewhat "old hat" for IU to schedule an light dual or two prior to Big 10's in order to have everyone injury free and fresh for the big competition.  Purdue may be taking the opposite philosophy of getting in one more hard nose dual, probably hope that the added competition will help ensure their guys are ready for the grind of the tournament.  Different strategies for sure.  Consider IU and PU are comparable close in the standings this year you maybe able to judge from their performance at the tournament which strategy may have possibly worked out better.

Do you think it is really severe weight cut? Or maybe the possibility, that with the overall lack of depth, this creates a work out partner problem. These guys are definitely not skilled in riding or keeping wrestlers down. Also pinning moves or combinations seem to be missing, in most of their skill sets. So, not to minimize the importance of controlled weight cutting, I think the coaching not being able to attract and keep wrestlers in the program, to be able to provide a competitive room is another problem here.

You can call it many things, severe weight cut, lack of depth because they drive guys out, lack of smart recruiting, lack of a full staff.  Goldman can barely move if you watch him walk and if you list to the inter mat radio Simmons is spending his time wrestling Walsh and Adam.  Not enough skilled coaches in the room to work with pinning combo, riding out and so on.  It is all focused on cutting weight, the light weights lost a huge part when Joe went to Princeton.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt M , what's your thoughts on season.  You were quite vocal all year when I questioned thigs through out year. 

What are your thoughts on team, big ten results and ncaa.  Did they perform like you thought, huge whole at 125 and 141 this year yet they drove two out of Bloomington at those weights last year

Matt M , what's your thoughts on season.  You were quite vocal all year when I questioned thinks through out year. 

Still have your "blinders" on I see.  As I've tried to express to you on multiple occasions, me being "quite vocal" towards you had nothing to do with what you were questioning and everything to do with how you were questioning it.  I feel its annoying when simple post talking about IUs recruiting class becomes one about the downfalls of the coaching staff.  I see it as disrespectful to the wrestlers when you turn a thread cheering some of the teams early season open tournament success into a reason to crap on the coaching staff.  I find it insulting to a wrestler when you turn a thread giving him credit for his great start into one dumping on the coaches.  And just plain annoying when every single mention of IU or college wrestling in general on this board was almost inevitably followed by you making a negative comment towards IU as a whole or specifically towards the coaching staff.  As I've said before if you were willing to add anything more of positive value to this board  about college or high school wrestling it would have been welcomed.  Have you actually had a post yet that was not directly or indirectly emphasizing your distain for Goldman and crew? If so it's been very rare of your 48 posts so far.  You can't tell me you know nothing else about college wrestling.  I have not problem with someone expressing their opinion about the IU coaching staff in occasional threads, as it is an obvious topic of discussion given their results over the last few years.  But, taking over threads which are giving credit to the wrestlers who are working hard in the program or threads talking about a different college wrestling subject is not the way to do it.  When you make your sole purpose for even being on the board a personal vendetta against IU staff it does get tiresome and it seems to take away from some of the validity you message could have.  Especially when you purposely infect most college board threads with it.  I have rarely questioned your personal feelings on the coaching staff or the pitfalls experienced this season.  I have only questioned your need to turn any credit given to IU wrestlers success on the mat, any thread mentioning IU wrestling in general, or even many threads just talking about college wrestling period into an attack on thr IU staff.  You wondered earlier in the year why the college board here wasn't that busy, well turning half the threads into yet another "I hate Goldman and company" post will end up killing what little on topic conversation was occurring.

And no I'm not particularly pleased at some of the issues and results of this wrestling season.  But, some of the positive and negative of what I've noticed has already been mentioned in other posts on the subject. 

Still have your "blinders" on I see.  As I've tried to express to you on multiple occasions, me being "quite vocal" towards you had nothing to do with what you were questioning and everything to do with how you were questioning it.  I feel its annoying when simple post talking about IUs recruiting class becomes one about the downfalls of the coaching staff.  I see it as disrespectful to the wrestlers when you turn a thread cheering some of the teams early season open tournament success into a reason to crap on the coaching staff.  I find it insulting to a wrestler when you turn a thread giving him credit for his great start into one dumping on the coaches.  And just plain annoying when every single mention of IU or college wrestling in general on this board was almost inevitably followed by you making a negative comment towards IU as a whole or specifically towards the coaching staff.  As I've said before if you were willing to add anything more of positive value to this board  about college or high school wrestling it would have been welcomed.  Have you actually had a post yet that was not directly or indirectly emphasizing your distain for Goldman and crew? If so it's been very rare of your 48 posts so far.  You can't tell me you know nothing else about college wrestling.  I have not problem with someone expressing their opinion about the IU coaching staff in occasional threads, as it is an obvious topic of discussion given their results over the last few years.  But, taking over threads which are giving credit to the wrestlers who are working hard in the program or threads talking about a different college wrestling subject is not the way to do it.  When you make your sole purpose for even being on the board a personal vendetta against IU staff it does get tiresome and it seems to take away from some of the validity you message could have.  Especially when you purposely infect most college board threads with it.  I have rarely questioned your personal feelings on the coaching staff or the pitfalls experienced this season.  I have only questioned your need to turn any credit given to IU wrestlers success on the mat, any thread mentioning IU wrestling in general, or even many threads just talking about college wrestling period into an attack on thr IU staff.  You wondered earlier in the year why the college board here wasn't that busy, well turning half the threads into yet another "I hate Goldman and company" post will end up killing what little on topic conversation was occurring.

And no I'm not particularly pleased at some of the issues and results of this wrestling season.  But, some of the positive and negative of what I've noticed has already been mentioned in other posts on the subject.

A wahoo to you MattM.

It's difficult to focus on (or be optimistic about) individual results when the team is so horribly uncompetitive. If the Colts had the worst coach in the AFC for a couple decades nobody would be getting caught up in too many discussions about a bump in production at the safety position. That may not be the best analogy, but you get my drift. IU fans are frustrated with being a doormat. The level of talent we're getting is surprisingly good for what the program has become. The athletes are obviously dedicated and living the life. As a team, the "holes" are at the positions of leadership.