2A IHSWCA State Duals qualifying scores (unofficial thru STATE)

maligned

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Hill was in 2a, not 1A.  Joe was not counting all the teams the IHSWCA was counting in determining classes when he wrote his article.  They were never 2a.  They could have been competitive in my opinion even in the 2A event; but they were in a group of teams from about #6 to #20 that were very even, and they were beaten out.

Didnt Bellmont not wrestle very well last year in the state tourney?? so if we had the old system and they didnt win Sectional or Regional last year, they should be in the tourney anyway just because they are good and they have tradition? No....they didnt wrestle well enough sorry. You know how many times kids have to watch other kids move on because they werent as good a certain day or certain match.  Bellmont might be the number one team in the nation this season, but at the end of last season, when it was time to qualify they didnt do enough.  I dont understand the debate...the best teams, athletes, etc dont always move on, dont always win the race, dont always win the medal or save the day...You perform when its time to qualify or you dont....I cant wait until a team we beat gets into the state tourney so I can complain how unfair it is that we didnt perform our best but really we are better. Now, this year...they got the job done and kicked butt so they are in!!

Please hear...I understand it is what we have to work with. The thing I am saying is it stinks for this years kids to not have a way of affecting this years achievements. That is all I am saying. No I don't have the answers for how to fix it. I know that makes me a horrible person because I express my feelings about this and not have a magic answer. Yet I thought that is what a message board is about.

Also I know that Bellmont would not have been at State this year under the old system. They would have met up with the undisputed 2a champs of Yorktown. It is not about the fact that "my team" whoever it might be didn't get there. It is about this years team being unable to affect this years outcome. That is what I am saying.

Not having an extra weigh-in by IHSAA and an empty weekend to host this hinders the process.  But I think that the IHSWCA has continued to show improvement in the event and I like where it is heading.

17 dual wins on a very weak schedule, Sectional and Regional Champions from one of the weakest in the state. I'd say the system did it's job to keep out inflation.

Peru Regional

12 state qualifiers and 4 state placers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.