First Round Match Ups/Wrestle backs

ssloco

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you this.  It hurts to lose Friday night and not have a chance to prove yourself on

Saturday.  But that's the way it goes.

Well beat the dead horse here.  Does make it right to lose on Friday and not get a chance to wrestle, when some other guy you're better than gets to go ahead ( and place) because he got a better draw.  Its wrong, but thats the way its always been so  thats the way it goes.

Show me another state that doesnt have wrestlebacks?

Ok, since it appears that most of us agree that anything short of wrestlebacks at semi state and state is disrespectful to our athletes, how do we get this changed?

you combine sectionals and regionals into one friday/saturday event where the top four with full wrestle backs advance. then, at semi-state you wrestle the first round and the loser is eliminated then after that full wrestlebacks to fourth. the way it's set up now is wrong...some kids that would get majored or pinned by 5th or 6th place sectional finishers end up at semi-state

How do we approach getting a real proposal together to take to the ihsaa?

argue that combining sectional/regionals into one two-day event with full wrestle backs would earn more shared revenue overall because you would have full teams showing up (paying admission/buying hot dogs and chips) both days instead of a full team at sectionals then half a team at regionals a week later.

I work in ohio. I deal with customers and vendors all over the country. You get to talking with people and it always happens...I mention wrestling in sectionals or regionals and they ask what that is. Seems almost every other state I talk with do them all the same but different than Indiana. They wrestle "districts". I'm not even going to pretend I know what that means but I do know they say the format is different when I explain our state series. My kid has wrestled nationals and when you go against someone and check them out on trackwrestling, every time they will have results from a "district" or be a district champ. Why are we the only ones that seem to be doing it different than anyone else? Have the rest figured it out and we are too stubborn to change? We don't really seem to be taking to US by storm in wrestling as a state. Maybe someone needs to open their eyes and swallow some pride.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.