toughest individual weight at semi state

mymommasaid123

in your opinion, what are some of the toughest weights at each semi state this year? I noticed multiple weights where some real tough kids won't be making it to state due to the strength of the semi state... some of the tougher weights i noticed are:

120 at ft wayne looks extremely tough! 113 and 120 at Evansville both look real solid... 126 at merrillville looks pretty tough. 120 at new castle is looking tough as well! I can't believe how many 120 pounders there are with state experience!

in your opinion, what are some of the toughest weights at each semi state this year? I noticed multiple weights where some real tough kids won't be making it to state due to the strength of the semi state... some of the tougher weights i noticed are:

120 at ft wayne looks extremely tough! 113 and 120 at Evansville both look real solid... 126 at merrillville looks pretty tough. 120 at new castle is looking tough as well! I can't believe how many 120 pounders there are with state experience!

considering most 106 lbers are freshman and many 113lbers are underclassmen it only makes sense that every 20lber that isn't a freshman would have state experience.

Evansville (per Indianamat rankings):

113: #1, 4, 7, 12, and 14

132: #3,4,9,10,12,15,16

145: #4,6,8,12,13,16

285: #4,7,9,10,14,16

Merrilville:

106: #2,5,6,9,10,11,16

160: #2,8,13,14,15,16

182: #2,3,7,9,10,14

220: #1,5,9,10,15,16

New Castle:

132: #1,2,6,8,13

Ft. Wayne:

120: #3,4,5,11,14

126: #4,7,12,14,15

If everything falls chalk there will be alot of talent that from all over that doesnt make it. No matter how you shake it some very deserving individuals will not be wrestling. Hopefully, as i am sure they will, they put it all on the line as i do not see many weaknesses across the board. All 4 tournaments should be fun to watch regardless on where you decide to go.

Additional note. i just listed what appears to be the most competitive on paper. I am sure there are plenty of others that i am missing.

i really like the way you broke it down like that! That clearly shows that anywhere you go, there are going to be some awesome weights that unfortunately leave out some very talented kids.. with these weight classes being as stacked as they are, and add in the factor of the random semi state draw.. i wouldn't be surprised to see some top 5 kids go down at semi state

As far as 120 from FW Semi-state goes those are some tough wrestlers.  If you go by the rankings there is a 67% chance that 4th ranked kid will meet either the 5th or the 11th in the ticket round.  That is if the rankings hold true.

Add to that the 14th ranked kid will have to beat number 3,5, or 11 to get out.  Getting near the old wrestle back discussion time.

Indiana has something against wrestlebacks.  Far as I know the only state that doesn't have them.  #14 better suck it up and don't want to hear complaints, because thats the way it is.

Getting near the old wrestle back discussion time.

My reasoning for wrestlebacks stems more from the somewhat potluck draw you receive when combining 4 regional's together rather than the number of ranked kids that maybe at one weight.  If you end up with that many studs in your weight class you just have to battle through them.  But I'd like to see everyone provided a slightly more even shot to advance and receiving the proper SS placement for state, which could occur through at least having wrestle-back from the quarter-finals on.  It's not much as much of a time issue as people make it out to be if everything is organized/ran in an effective way.  Yeah I know a mini-hijack of the thread topic. 

Indiana has something against wrestlebacks.  Far as I know the only state that doesn't have them.  #14 better suck it up and don't want to hear complaints, because thats the way it is.

By Indiana you mean IHSAA.  Please don't lump the rest of us in with them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.