Tri duals 1/18/14 question...

bigmak

last year there were only 7 teams there. Tthis weird number of teams caused one team to only get 4 matches instead of 5 and it was chosen by random drawing with Centerville drawing the shortest straw. The teams were:

Centerville

Alexandria

Tri

Greensburg

TC Howe

Northeastern

Daleville

Will there be 10 teams like the previous years or sticking with this same 7 or what?

I know that Edgewood HS is looking for 1 team on that weekend! So if a team would like to come to the west side of Bloomington call or message the Coach. There is 5 teams and most go thru the Bloomington Reg & Evansville SS. Thanks good luck

Blue River joined this year so there are now 2 pools.

Pool A: Alexandria, Tri, Blue River, TC Howe 

Pool B: Centerville, Northeastern, Greensburg, Daleville

If I'm not mistaken (someone correct me if you know better) Teams will wrestle everyone in their pool and then the team that got the same place as them in the other pool for placement. (For example, the winners of the two pools will face each other in the 5th round, with the second place teams facing each other, and so on)

It's usually a nice tournament to attend with some quality wrestling. Looking forward to it!

Blue River joined this year so there are now 2 pools.

Pool A: Alexandria, Tri, Blue River, TC Howe 

Pool B: Centerville, Northeastern, Greensburg, Daleville

If I'm not mistaken (someone correct me if you know better) Teams will wrestle everyone in their pool and then the team that got the same place as them in the other pool for placement. (For example, the winners of the two pools will face each other in the 5th round, with the second place teams facing each other, and so on)

It's usually a nice tournament to attend with some quality wrestling. Looking forward to it!

That's how it's done except it would be the 4th round since they only are getting 3 rounds within the pool. Would be awesome if 2 more teams joined in to get 5 matches on the day. Someone in charge should post and try to get that to happen ;)

That's how it's done except it would be the 4th round since they only are getting 3 rounds within the pool. Would be awesome if 2 more teams joined in to get 5 matches on the day. Someone in charge should post and try to get that to happen ;)

They should just have round #4  1a-2b, 1b -2a, 3a-4b, 3b-4a,,  round #5 1a-1b, 2a-2b, 3a-3b, 4a-4b

Sometimes I'm the smartest peanut in the turd  ::)

Smarter than me on this stuff. I'm just a fan lol. I gave wrestling less than a week before I gave it up. Too many rules for me. I did my thing in a cage. Problem is, schools haven't jumped on the cage fighting bandwagon yet lol. 

Smarter than me on this stuff. I'm just a fan lol. I gave wrestling less than a week before I gave it up. Too many rules for me. I did my thing in a cage. Problem is, schools haven't jumped on the cage fighting bandwagon yet lol.

It's just something for me to do during the bad weather months.  Just biding my time till the weather changes for golf and dirt track racing. 

Semi State rankings and other notables to watch for:

unranked Dakota Ballard- Greensburg 9 (5th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Colton Handley- Northeastern 9 (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Demarkis Stewart- TC Howe 11 (missed city tournament, undefeated @ 106, 2 losses @ 113)

unranked Zack Bartosz- Greensburg 9 (2nd @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Alston Jenkinson- Centerville 11 (2013 SSQ @ 113 & 2014 county champ)

unranked Brandon Butz- Greensburg 10 (2013 SSQ @113 & 3rd @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Victor Albaine- Greensburg 11 (6th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Javon Phillips- Centerville 10 (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Jordan Smiley- Greensburg 11 (4th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Isaiah Michaels- Centerville 10 (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Dakota Tipton- Centerville 12 (2012 SSQ @ 120 & 2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Michael Hendon- TC Howe 12 (2013 indy city champ, 19-2, losses are to #5 & #7 NCSS)

#8 (138) Austin Killion- Centerville 12 (spartan classic 7th place)

unranked Blake Wood- Greensburg 12 (5th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Avione Johnson- TC Howe 12 (2013 indy city 4th place, 16-6 with 8 match win streak)

#14 Nate Ryan- Alexandria 12

unranked Joel Chase- Greensburg 12 (2nd @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Mitchel Burelison- Centerville 11 (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Joe Buening- Greensburg 12 (5th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Kyle White- TC Howe 12 (recently cleared, undefeated 7-0)

unranked Damon Allen- Greensburg 9 (4th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Chase Mosley- Northeastern (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked John Stewart- TC Howe (2013 indy city 5th place)

#7 Bryce Robinson- Centerville 12 (2012 SSQ @182, spartan classic 6th place & wayne county champ)

unranked Colten Black- Greensburg 12 (4th @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Stephen Wright- TC Howe (2013 indy city 6th place)

unranked Dylan Cain- Greensburg 9 (3rd @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Enrique Calderon- Centerville 12 (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Zaccai Robinson- TC Howe (2013 indy city 7th place)

#8 Drew Niesius– Greensburg 12 (2013 SSQ @ 195 & 2nd @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Cameron Deloney- Centerville 10 (2014 wayne county champ)

unranked Mark Eubank - TC Howe 12 (recently cleared, 4-0)

unranked Nathan Hayes- Greensburg 11 (2nd @ ben davis giant 16)

unranked Isaac Creigmile- Centerville 11 (2014 wayne county champ)

Just a couple corrections on my team's notables. (TC Howe)

We have a 106 who overslept for city but he's undefeated at 106, (9-2 overall losing only to 2 solid 113s) this season: Demarkis Stewart- 11th grade.

At 138, not only is Hendon city champ, but he holds a record of 19-2 and has only lost to Westfield (#5 in Semi State Rankings) in a 6-3 decision (first match of the season) and got caught in a match he was up 10-3 against The Franklin Central 138 (#7 in Semi-State)

At 145, Johnson is only a Sophomore. 16-6, won 8 straight matches now. (with 4 of 6 losses coming at 152 during first week of season)

Our 160 was just cleared, undefeated Senior (7-0) Kyle White.

Our Varsity 220 was just cleared after a hamstring injury, not Peter Johnson, but Mark Eubank (4-0 this season 19-4 last year and went undefeated at this tourney)

Finally, our Varsity 285 was ruled out due to academics so he will not be participating.

I'm looking forward to a great day of wrestling. Should be some great matches.

Just a couple corrections on my team's notables. (TC Howe)

We have a 106 who overslept for city but he's undefeated at 106, (9-2 overall losing only to 2 solid 113s) this season: Demarkis Stewart- 11th grade.

At 138, not only is Hendon city champ, but he holds a record of 19-2 and has only lost to Westfield (#5 in Semi State Rankings) in a 6-3 decision (first match of the season) and got caught in a match he was up 10-3 against The Franklin Central 138 (#7 in Semi-State)

At 145, Johnson is only a Sophomore. 16-6, won 8 straight matches now. (with 4 of 6 losses coming at 152 during first week of season)

Our 160 was just cleared, undefeated Senior (7-0) Kyle White.

Our Varsity 220 was just cleared after a hamstring injury, not Peter Johnson, but Mark Eubank (4-0 this season 19-4 last year and went undefeated at this tourney)

Finally, our Varsity 285 was ruled out due to academics so he will not be participating.

I'm looking forward to a great day of wrestling. Should be some great matches.

Sounds great Coach! I have seen Hendon for several years now. I remember him as a freshman impressing me. I actually looked him up last year during the state series because I thought he would be doing good which he did but so hard to compete with those guys at regional in the same bracket...such a tough regional when you have Shabaka Johns, Tre`von Sevion, Robbie Elsea and Michael Thomas.

Updated the list !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.