Castle Sectional

Mat Medic

This could be a wide open Sectional team wise.

Reitz lost a lot from last years team, but they will still be tough down low with Ferguson, Bruce, Davis, Reese, Reigel returning.

Memorial will be tough as always up and down the lineup, with Arney, Williams, Petrig, Stotlar, Brown, and Barnes returning.

Castle will be tough as well, Brown, Schnell, Lockyear, and I believe a solid freshman coming in as well.

Heritage Hills will be solid up top with Rickenbaugh, Konerding, Fisher, and Baker returning, and some solid wrestlers in the middle that could surprise some guys.

Mt.Vernon brings back a lot with a solid incoming freshman class coming in, Keller, Suar, Wilson, Hoehn, Whoberry all return.

I feel like any of these teams could win it.

Early Predictions (Not sure who is in each weight class, some are guesses):

106: Konrath MV

113: Ferguson R

120: Arney M

126: Suar MV

132: Davis R

138: Schulz HH

145: Schnell C

152: Hoehn MV

160: VanHook R

170: Rickenbaugh HH

182: Konerding HH

195: Brown M

220: Barnes M

285: Kyles H

Todrank from Reitz should be in the mix.

I was told that Todrank doesn't go to Reitz anymore. He transfered to Gibson Southern. I was told that at the football game by one of the wrestlers. Must have some merit coming from his teammate. Or I guess former teammate.

Boonville is in this Sectional, I can see Hemmings and Allen making a run at a sectional title. I would assume they would be around 138 and 145. I didn't hear about Todrank, I just completely missed him. But with him gone, that definitely hurts Reitz but helps Gibson Southern.

Boonville was real young last year. They have around 28 guys back in the room from last year and a total of 40 all together. Anyone that assumes that Boonville does not have quality wrestlers after Hemmings and Allen are going to be in for a surprise.

Boonville was real young last year. They have around 28 guys back in the room from last year and a total of 40 all together. Anyone that assumes that Boonville does not have quality wrestlers after Hemmings and Allen are going to be in for a surprise.

I agree...boonville will surprise. 

I agree that Boonville will be solid as they do return almost everyone, but the teams I mentioned in my first post were teams I feel like that have a legitimate shot at winning the Sectional, in my own personal opinion, I don't feel like Boonville has enough to compete to win the team race. They will have some individuals that compete and make their weight class more competitive, as Hemmings and Allen are 2 guys that nobody should look past. Whatever weight they end up, yes they could win that weight class. Since Mat Medic cleared the air on Hemmings, maybe he will clear the air on what weight Allen will be at????

I think natural progression puts Allen at 145 or 152.  Did he wrestle any offseason tournaments?  That might be an indicator of how big he's gotten.  He may choose whatever weight Schnell doesn't go.  I can't see Schnell staying at 138.  He wrestled there as a sophomore and typically kids are still growing at that age.  I would think he will be at least 145.

Rumor also is Jacob Newton is back in Boonville's wrestling room, he is tough and has his grades where they should be now, he will make his weight class very interesting where ever he goes. You may not remember him but he was exceptional before he had problems in high school with grades.  he was 24 and 5 his freshman year at 215 before he became ineligible after Christmas.

I feel like each weight will have multiple solid wrestlers in it. Should be another great season of wrestling. Its hard to tell who the clear cut favorite is team wise. I would have to put my vote in for Memorial going into the season not knowing where everyone is. They have some solid wrestlers from top to bottom. Brockman, Arney, Williams, Petrig, Stotlar, Brown, Barnes are some that come to mind that return, and they always seem to have a solid body in each weight that will compete. Time will tell once teams start wrestling and lineups are available. Looking forward to it!!

It appears there will be a lot of matches in the consolation rounds that will decide the team championship. From looking over the picks for individual winners those guys look pretty solid to win. Its going to be the tough wrestlers going for 3 & 4 place that are going to tip the scales.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.