SIAC Favorites and Sleepers

Say What?

I'm not sure what the most champions for a team are, but I'd say Mater Dei has a good shot at making a run for it...right now I see it shaking out something like this...

106 Egli MD

113 Ferguson R

120 Johnson MD/Brown Ca

126 Lee MD

132 Davis R/Jourdan MD

138 Seng MD/Schnell Ca

145 Pierre MD

152 Kelley Ce

160 Forzley MD/Kemper Ce

170 Kempf MD/Huelsing Me

182 Bassmier MD

195 Brown Me

220 Barnes Me/Butler MD

285 Kyles Ha

I could see a possible 10 champs from Mater Dei.

What's the record for most champions from one school in a season and is Mater Dei poised to challenge that record?

I think we might be getting a little ahead of things here.  Ferguson, Kelley, Kemper, Schnell, Ramsey and a few others might have something to say about Mater Dei winning titles.  They do have a shot at a few though and almost all should place top 4.

I never said they would win 10 of the weight classes, I said its possible they could win 10, or more, I've learned over the years to never count out a Mater Dei kid. I agree that guys like Ferguson, Brown, Schnell, Kelley, Kemper, etc. all won't make it easy for any Mater Dei kid that has to wrestle them, but same can be said for guys like Johnson, Jourdan, Seng, Weinzapfel, Forzley, etc. They won't make it easy on those guys as well. It should definitely be a great SIAC tournament with a lot of good potential Semi-Finals and Finals matches.

Petty accurate.

I don't see Egli, Ferguson, Lee, Kelley, Kemper, or Brown loosing here.

Normally I would say Pierre as well but he just didn't look "On" against memorial earlier this year.

Would it be a HUGE surprise if Forzley beat Kemper? I suppose not but Kemper just knows how to win those close matches.

Petty accurate.

I don't see Egli, Ferguson, Lee, Kelley, Kemper, or Brown loosing here.

Normally I would say Pierre as well but he just didn't look "On" against memorial earlier this year.

Would it be a HUGE surprise if Forzley beat Kemper? I suppose not but Kemper just knows how to win those close matches.

Brown has already lost to Johnson.  They wrestled at Jasper last weekend and I believe Johnson won 4-2.  Pierre has looked more "on" since that first match against Memorial.  Forzley and Kemper will be a battle.  Forzley has looked good.

106-  MD’s Egli is a beast.  He will meet Schaffer from Memorial in the final and tech him again.

113-  TFerg may be the best wrestler in the field period.  x-mater dei kid Matherly from north will meet with mater dei Kyle Luigs for the right to tie up with fergilicious.

120-  Hardscrabbler wilcat, Alex “ground and pound” johnson meets up with the wiley vetren from paradise, Brown.  Brown wins this one from his feet.

126-  field of seven draws straws.  the loser earns the right to get the stuffin knocked out of them by powerhouse nicky lee.

132-  davis beats ramsey in regular season.  harmon and company makes adjustments and ramsey beats davis at siac.  Jordan dominates in the finals.

138-  from the hole on the westside, wyatt 'sing a long" seng takes on knights’ Patrick schnell for a epic battle.  should be a real slobberknocker.

145-  hole dweller’s buddy, josh ‘the dehydrated frenchman’ pierre takes on Petrig from memorial.  pierre wins going away.

152-  most exciting grappler in the stadium, Kelley, talks on logan ‘natural fro’ weinzy.  no upset in this one.

160-  strongest kids in the filed, central’s Isiah kemper gets a very tough match from MD Forzly.  both bring the intensity.  kempers a favorite, anything can happen here though.

170  turner “college” Lockyear is the class of the field.  very solid.  md’s donut bank kemp gets better every match.  could get an upset here.

182-  wilcat’s bassmaster looks tough.  he beats ryan "pope" francis from north for the title.

195-  brown from memorial wins it.  second place could be md’s Robert 'cramden" ralph.  also could be kid from reitz or jesse "courier and" ivers from Harrison.

220-  come tournament time, no one wants to wrestle Adrian "yo Adrian" butler.  the 126 pound dudes should save the straws so that the 220 guys can draw.  md gets another title here.

285- Terrence trent darby kyles is the lone Harrison champ.  gotta love him.  a lot of enthusiasm.  matt ‘man without a tan’ cox and central kid battle for second.

really a great year for high end talent in the siac.  could be several state champs in this group, now or next year.

so sez the big un

106-  MD’s Egli is a beast.  He will meet Schaffer from Memorial in the final and tech him again.

113-  TFerg may be the best wrestler in the field period.  x-mater dei kid Matherly from north will meet with mater dei Kyle Luigs for the right to tie up with fergilicious.

120-  Hardscrabbler wilcat, Alex “ground and pound” johnson meets up with the wiley vetren from paradise, Brown.  Brown wins this one from his feet.

126-  field of seven draws straws.  the loser earns the right to get the stuffin knocked out of them by powerhouse nicky lee.

132-  davis beats ramsey in regular season.  harmon and company makes adjustments and ramsey beats davis at siac.  Jordan dominates in the finals.

138-  from the hole on the westside, wyatt 'sing a long" seng takes on knights’ Patrick schnell for a epic battle.  should be a real slobberknocker.

145-  hole dweller’s buddy, josh ‘the dehydrated frenchman’ pierre takes on Petrig from memorial.  pierre wins going away.

152-  most exciting grappler in the stadium, Kelley, talks on logan ‘natural fro’ weinzy.  no upset in this one.

160-  strongest kids in the filed, central’s Isiah kemper gets a very tough match from MD Forzly.  both bring the intensity.  kempers a favorite, anything can happen here though.

170  turner “college” Lockyear is the class of the field.  very solid.  md’s donut bank kemp gets better every match.  could get an upset here.

182-  wilcat’s bassmaster looks tough.  he beats ryan "pope" francis from north for the title.

195-  brown from memorial wins it.  second place could be md’s Robert 'cramden" ralph.  also could be kid from reitz or jesse "courier and" ivers from Harrison.

220-  come tournament time, no one wants to wrestle Adrian "yo Adrian" butler.  the 126 pound dudes should save the straws so that the 220 guys can draw.  md gets another title here.

285- Terrence trent darby kyles is the lone Harrison champ.  gotta love him.  a lot of enthusiasm.  matt ‘man without a tan’ cox and central kid battle for second.

really a great year for high end talent in the siac.  could be several state champs in this group, now or next year.

so sez the big un

Wow, it's not every day you see a Ralph Cramden reference in a wrestling post.  When's the last time someone brought up one-hit wonder Terrence Trent D'Arby? 

so sez the big un

i guess we have a chris berman wannabe on our hands. 

Don't agree with all of your picks but it was entertaining to say the least.  now you have to get an Ed Norton reference in next time.

• 1 month later...

so sez the big un

any new names or sleepers?

a quick clarification:  1981 graduate and state qualifier jeff Parkinson says that a "hardscrabbler" is one who can come up with really tough, or hard, words in a scrabble game.

sleepers-  i don't know if any of these guys will win, but they have a good opportunity to place above their seed:

matt cox- md

Jordan libby- central

Adrian butler- md

seth orth- md

jesse ivers- harrison

ty winchell- north

will van hook- reitz

chance Williams- memorial

aj Dixon- central

billy procacina- harrison

tanner bruce- reitz

nick burke- north

cody Baggett- central

names: 

will "green eglis and ham" egli

jay "ginger spice" hallowell

conner "whatchew talkin bout" willis

tarhel "north Carolina" brothers

billy "funky cold" procacina

alex "buick" reigel

will "captain" van hook

sam "hacksaw" dugan

Jordan "on the label, label, label" libby

landon "reverend sun" moon

if you don't like these, come up with some better ones.  it is hard to top "yo Adrian" and "Terrence trent".

take care not to offend indy big un.  he is known to offer insults in an English-similar language.

any new names or sleepers?

a quick clarification:  1981 graduate and state qualifier jeff Parkinson says that a "hardscrabbler" is one who can come up with really tough, or hard, words in a scrabble game.

sleepers-  i don't know if any of these guys will win, but they have a good opportunity to place above their seed:

matt cox- md

Jordan libby- central

Adrian butler- md

seth orth- md

jesse ivers- harrison

ty winchell- north

will van hook- reitz

chance Williams- memorial

aj Dixon- central

billy procacina- harrison

tanner bruce- reitz

nick burke- north

cody Baggett- central

names: 

will "green eglis and ham" egli

jay "ginger spice" hallowell

conner "whatchew talkin bout" willis

tarhel "north Carolina" brothers

billy "funky cold" procacina

alex "buick" reigel

will "captain" van hook

sam "hacksaw" dugan

Jordan "on the label, label, label" libby

landon "reverend sun" moon

if you don't like these, come up with some better ones.  it is hard to top "yo Adrian" and "Terrence trent".

take care not to offend indy big un.  he is known to offer insults in an English-similar language.

Yea. You would.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.