any talk or predictions for the logansport regional this year??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your saying last years qualifiers won't make it back to state? Harrison- Seth Meyer WL- Jake Doty both return as qualifiers. I know the Logan regional is traditionally kicked around at semi-state but they have out performed the "regions" expectations of them almost every year, I see this prediction being exceeded.

Meyer is the Harrison kid I was saying would make it to state.  I personally think the WL kid will need the same type of favorable draw at Merr that he got last year to get through.  I guess it's possible.  I'm sticking with 3 solids and a couple maybes.  But if we are talking maybes I think TL has 2 more that could sneak through with really good SS draws.

Head lock so you think big john duval needs a draw to make it to state?  Then you dont know wrestling!  I had the privlage of watching him compete at disney in the all star division where he had only one loss and became a all American!  The kid is a beast with a gas tank now and moves to go with it!  JMOP but im gonna go with the kid who became all American s like my son before I pick kids who sit on the couch or just hit a meet or two in the summer.  I pick you as the guy who wants to win the lottery but doesnt buy a ticket!

I think Duvall is one of the best heavys in the semi state. The 2 ways I could see him not advancing right.

1. If Gelen goes 285(which I don't think he will) streck and gelen would come out of the same regional and both will be getting a ticket. That would be a bad draw.

2. If Duvall doesn't win the regional and draws in to streck. Kid is a beast was a point away from being in the semis(lost 1-0 to donte) was also a all american this summer at Fargo

Head lock so you think big john duval needs a draw to make it to state?  Then you dont know wrestling!  I had the privlage of watching him compete at disney in the all star division where he had only one loss and became a all American!  The kid is a beast with a gas tank now and moves to go with it!  JMOP but im gonna go with the kid who became all American s like my son before I pick kids who sit on the couch or just hit a meet or two in the summer.  I pick you as the guy who wants to win the lottery but doesnt buy a ticket!

Your probably right.  I guess 45 years of wrestling, coaching, and spectating does indicate a lack of understanding of what it takes to get to state.  However let me retort.  First my predictions are just my thoughts and I am certainly prone to being full of crap at times when I make predictions.  It's just that I have seen too many Merr semi states where wrestlers with nearly unblemished records from the Logan Regional get stomped by guys with 12-15 losses on the season.  West Lafayette as well as most of the Hoosier Conference programs lack strength of schedule on a regular basis.  Again, I would love it if the entire WL team made it to state because I am a west side resident.  I love it when a kid like Doty gets through as well as any Logan reg. wrestler.  As far as Duval is concerned, heck anything is possible at heavy weight.  Most unpredictable weight.  I agree with you that he is a tough kid.  Still don't see him making it sorry.  But come to think of it I probably should start buying lottery tickets.  I'm just having fun man.  I wish all the local kids the best of luck this season.  Go Twin Lakes! 

What team wins regionals?  Harrison or Twin Lakes

Twin lakes for sure. Very solid lineup widner Thomas Denton winkle randle that is possibly 4 regional champs right there. Harrison has a possible champ in armuth and a champ in Meyer. Maybe Davis if he is at 106. Other than that not a whole lot of talent outside of those three. I am going to update the rankings a little bit.

Twin lakes for sure. Very solid lineup widner Thomas Denton winkle randle that is possibly 4 regional champs right there. Harrison has a possible champ in armuth and a champ in Meyer. Maybe Davis if he is at 106. Other than that not a whole lot of talent outside of those three. I am going to update the rankings a little bit.

I totally agree I dont see anyone hanging with TL with there depth! 

Harrison returns 8 semi-state qualifier and TL 6, It seems that both have lots of depth to make a run but Harrison returns more proven talent. Champs alone wont win this tournament.

I agree completely with CoachM. There are several very tough teams in the regional; all with the capability of bringing home a championship. Delphi, McCutcheon and West Side will all be in the running.  The team that works the hardest and can avoid major illness or injury will EARN a Regional crown. There are no "locks" in sports, espesically in high school athletics.

I'm going to give a biased opinion...Harrison freshmen will step up to give them the push they need to fill any holes left by graduating seniors or other empty weight classes.  TL does have a good middle school program also, but like I said...I'm biased!!!

I'm going to give a biased opinion...Harrison freshmen will step up to give them the push they need to fill any holes left by graduating seniors or other empty weight classes.  TL does have a good middle school program also, but like I said...I'm biased!!!

I agree with you, also remember Harrison only graduated one Senior who made it out of sectionals. Lots of returning talent on that team as well as some of the others.

There are a ton of Seniors at the Jeff Sectional this year so I think it will be hard for any of the youngsters to break through..  However, there is a lot of talent coming into the sectional and a few kids that I wouldn't overlook.  Here is my short list of underdogs to watch out for:

Clay Jones - Frosh, Jeff, 106-113 - Clay has been around forever, he has tons of experience and will be looking to make a big splash this year.

Jacob Wade - Soph, Harrison, 126-132 - Jacob would have been varsity for most teams last year but couldn't break through the Harrison lineup.

Dylan Hart - Frosh, Delphi, 132-138 - His father was a wrestling legend at Delphi and the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Adam Easterday - Junior, Rossville, 138-145 - Got caught up in a brutal weight last year at 132, he'll be looking to make up for it this year.

Matt Grammer - Soph, Jeff, 138-145 - Matt had an outstanding Freshman year in a tough weight last year.  He's the real deal.

KJ Munson - Soph, BC, 145-152? - KJ has a ton of experience, he's been around a long time and I expect to see him break through at some point.

All of these kids used to work out together at Boiler Elite in their Middle School days, have a ton of ISWA experience, and spent a lot of time with Fleeger.  I wouldn't overlook any of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.