USAW Central Regionals @ LN

Looks like we will have a great showing from not only Indiana but a lot of other states as well: Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Kentucky, West Virginia, etc. Should be a great tournament. ISWA of course represented well. Still room for more tomorrow but there seems to be some great possible matchups.  Let's get it Indiana!

As a casual observer it would definitely appear that Indiana is way behind the talent level of Illinois and Ohio.

For the most part true but they are also a decent amount better than about all other wrestling states.  so are around 47 other states.  Only around 1 to 3 other states can claim to be as good or better on a consistent basis as IL and OH. 

I have 2 say that central regionals was tough as NAILS today n the freestyle portion!!!!!! There were studs from all over the neighboring states!!!! I wish more of our Indiana wrestlers would have taken advantage of such an awesome opportunity 2 wrestle against some of the best wrestlers n the country!!! I know my boys Blake & Brody were beat just watching all of the studs there!!!! Tough tournament!!!!

Coach Weimer

It is a shame that Indiana hosted such a wonderful tournament with top tier competition and we were not the state to have the kids participate. Indiana as a state needs our wrestlers to go to these tournaments in our own backyard. Why do we not have the same numbers at OH or IL? It that our club seasons end in March or April? I only seen a few of the local High School coaches there and they were from the top level schools in the state(PM,WC,New Pal, Carmel) there may have been more but the point is for Indiana to get better as a whole whe need to promote these tournaments to our local kids and get them out. Also THANK YOU to the ISWA, Mark Durham, LN and all the volunteers for their endless hours hosting this tournament. Yes Saturday ran very long but the powers that be after the long day of running the tournament  had a meeting on how to improve the tournament.

LN welcomes any suggestions on how to improve the tournament as well. Be constructive! Or I will hunt you down and blast double you! We have already addressed the blocking off the mats, and how to improve seating in the fieldhouse. Unfortunately, knocking down a wall and adding 50ft in width isn't an option. We ran 10 surfaces, our max is probably 12. Remember, we are the host, we deal with the facilities and concessions, not the pairings and tournament flow.

Great Tournament!!  It is a shame that Illinois brings more wrestlers than we have sign up from here. All in all a good day for Indiana kids. Here are some placers.

Freestyle Results

Cadet - 100 Results

2nd Place - Drew Hildebrandt

4th Place - DaVaughn Anderson

Cadet - 113 Results

1st Place - Chad Red

Cadet - 120 Results

4th Place - Matt McKinney

Cadet - 132 Results

2nd Place - Evan Eldred

Cadet - 170 Results

1st Place - Blake Rypel

3rd Place - Dylan Lydy

Cadet - 182 Results

2nd Place - Jonathan Morales

4th Place - Ricky Samuels

Cadet - 195 Results

1st Place - Jacob Cavins

Cadet - 285 Results

2nd Place - Blake Schjoll

Junior - 106 Results

4th Place - Karl Wilhelm

Junior - 132 Results

4th Place - Tommy Cash

Junior - 145 Results

1st Place - Tommy Forte

Junior - 152 Results

4th Place - Vincent Corsaro

Junior - 285 Results

2nd Place - Wesley Bernard

Girls - 132 Results

1st Place - Maggie Wilson

Greco Roman Results

Cadet - 100 Results

1st Place - Drew Hildebrandt

2nd Place - Cameron Diep

Cadet - 113 Results

1st Place - Chad Red

Cadet - 152 Results

3rd Place - Kyle Spurr

Cadet - 170 Results

1st Place - Dylan Lydy

Cadet - 195 Results

2nd Place - Jacob Cavins

Cadet - 285 Results

Junior - 106 Results

3rd Place - Ryan Hawkins

Junior - 126 Results

1st Place - Deondre Wilson

Junior - 145 Results

4th Place - Michael Thomas

Junior - 152 Results

2nd Place - Matthew Ruddick

Good Job to all.

FILA Cadets in Akron Ohio next weekend.  It's the final age ranges so Cadet's for this would includes most high school Freshman-Juniors.  Great tournament to attend for some of our top wrestlers, and I believe placement in this event also adds to your separation criteria for Fargo Nationals.  Not to mention that the Champion makes the Cadet World Team.

Great Tournament!!  It is a shame that Illinois brings more wrestlers than we have sign up from here. All in all a good day for Indiana kids. Here are some placers.

Freestyle Results

Cadet - 100 Results

2nd Place - Drew Hildebrandt

4th Place - DaVaughn Anderson

Cadet - 113 Results

1st Place - Chad Red

Cadet - 120 Results

4th Place - Matt McKinney

Cadet - 132 Results

2nd Place - Evan Eldred

Cadet - 170 Results

1st Place - Blake Rypel

3rd Place - Dylan Lydy

Cadet - 182 Results

2nd Place - Jonathan Morales

4th Place - Ricky Samuels

Cadet - 195 Results

1st Place - Jacob Cavins

Cadet - 285 Results

Junior - 106 Results

4th Place - Karl Wilhelm

Junior - 132 Results

4th Place - Tommy Cash

Junior - 145 Results

1st Place - Tommy Forte

Junior - 152 Results

4th Place - Vincent Corsaro

Junior - 285 Results

2nd Place - Wesley Bernard

Girls - 132 Results

1st Place - Maggie Wilson

Greco Roman Results

Cadet - 100 Results

1st Place - Drew Hildebrandt

2nd Place - Cameron Diep

Cadet - 113 Results

1st Place - Chad Red

Cadet - 152 Results

3rd Place - Kyle Spurr

Cadet - 170 Results

1st Place - Dylan Lydy

Cadet - 195 Results

2nd Place - Jacob Cavins

Cadet - 285 Results

Junior - 106 Results

3rd Place - Ryan Hawkins

Junior - 126 Results

1st Place - Deondre Wilson

Junior - 145 Results

4th Place - Michael Thomas

Junior - 152 Results

2nd Place - Matthew Ruddick

Good Job to all.

Junior - 220 1st Place Fletcher Miller, 3rd Place Jacob Aven

With the quality of wrestlers that come to Indianapolis for this event I'm amazed at the lack of local turn out. I understand that cost keeps kids from traveling to some of the quality tourneys around the country, but when that talent comes to your backyard and some of our good Indiana wrestlers decline to take advantage of it, then it is easy to understand why the national rankings do not have more Indiana wrestlers! I do think the kids who wrestle in these events and do well will tend to be the kids that will have success next wrestling season, and even for the kids who didn't do as well as they would have liked will be better and leap frog over a lot of others not taking advantage of a local event such as this. You simply get better wrestling better competition...Just My Opinion!

So our kids who went and went 0-2 got improved more than the kids who got to get technique from a couple state champs and wrestled 6-7 live matches?

Not sure what point your trying to make, but what I'm saying is simply that too many of our local wrestlers aren't taking advantage of seeing some good wrestling at this local tourney!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.