NCAA's starting the finals at 174lbs, DAKE vs Taylor last match of the day!!!

Devils27

In more stunning news the NCAA championships final round will not be started at 125 but will start at 174.  To say this has something to do with Dake being a possible 4 Timer is an understatement.  It will be aired live on ESPN Saturday night a prime time spot!

I know it won't happen, but what if one of the studs gets knocked off.... Then the finals include one stud and one lower level guy... This would prove less entertaining than say other weight class would. All these matches will be crazy with possibly 3 undefeated vs undefeated matches (141, 184, 197). I am excited for Dake Vs Taylor (I'm picking Taylor), but going in a different order to highlight this match is dumb.

I know it won't happen, but what if one of the studs gets knocked off.... Then the finals include one stud and one lower level guy... This would prove less entertaining than say other weight class would. All these matches will be crazy with possibly 3 undefeated vs undefeated matches (141, 184, 197). I am excited for Dake Vs Taylor (I'm picking Taylor), but going in a different order to highlight this match is dumb.

Well they usually end with HWT which tends to not draw as much attention. I guess I'm indifferent about it.  I agree Dake/Taylor is the highlight match, but I'm not sure how I feel about it showing up the importance of the other final matches.    I will say though if they want to change things up then they should just announce they would choose the finals order after the semi's.  That would give them the flexibility to have the best match up for the finals be at the end even if an upset did occur.  Now they are somewhat locked in to that position and going back later to change it would cause a little stir.

Well they usually end with HWT which tends to not draw as much attention. I guess I'm indifferent about it.  I agree Dake/Taylor is the highlight match, but I'm not sure how I feel about it showing up the importance of the other final matches.    I will say though if they want to change things up then they should just announce they would choose the finals order after the semi's.  That would give them the flexibility to have the best match up for the finals be at the end even if an upset did occur.  Now they are somewhat locked in to that position and going back later to change it would cause a little stir.

I agree, but im still a fan of the order. If they wanted to be safe they should put 174 last, considering any of the top 12 seeds could win, making any final crazy. This is the one weight without any seperation in my mind.

I dont believe there are any "lower level guys" in this tourney (the lower level guys (e.g.- us) are busy posting on Indianamat) However, I do get your point but I think it adds some excitement with a grand finale...assuming it happens.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.