Middle School weights

tskin

I like these weight classes. There is no reason to have 20 some weight classes.

haha its mainly that i was going to wrestle 120 and and then it became 117 and i cant really eat or drink so yeah its probably more economically plausible but it sucks from my standpoint

I coach middle school wrestling at Garrett.  As Joe said, we're in two conferences, the TCAC and ACAC.  We've used different weights and I just quit worrying about which weight classes we're using because it's different everywhere we travel.  Against FW Blackhawk we had 75-80-85-90-95-100-105-110-115-120-125-130-135-140-145-155-165-175-200-230-260. Against Heritage it was the same up until 130 and then it was 138-145-152-160-170-185-215-250

Against Fremont they followed the same as Central Noble.  ....This baffles me.  We need a universal set of weight classes for middle school wrestling in Indiana.

I was at the Garrett - Leo MS match last night (you have a very good team) and was wondering why the Garrett wrestlers on the roster was so different from who checked in to wrestle at each weight class?  My unoffical count had 11-Garrett wrestlers in a match of a weight class different from where they were listed on the roster??  A lot of the boys were wrestling up a class but there were a number wrestling down from their listed weight?  In addition, do the middle schoolers weigh in at the host school prior to the match?  Thanks Coach.

I coach at Jackson Creek Middle school in Bloomington. We use :

70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135 140, 145, 155, 165, 180, 210, 220, HWT.

I have seen schools start at 80 (Bedford)

and teams have adjusted  there weights to benefit there own rosters.

I was at the Garrett - Leo MS match last night (you have a very good team) and was wondering why the Garrett wrestlers on the roster was so different from who checked in to wrestle at each weight class?  My unoffical count had 11-Garrett wrestlers in a match of a weight class different from where they were listed on the roster??  A lot of the boys were wrestling up a class but there were a number wrestling down from their listed weight?  In addition, do the middle schoolers weigh in at the host school prior to the match?  Thanks Coach.

Thank you!  My school had me fill out an unofficial roster at the beginning of the season before I really knew what the kids weighed, we had some kids fail off, we had a kid move, and some kids just wrestled up throughout the season to get better competition.

Ohios Athletic Association has a set of rules and standards I dont know if the whole state follows it but its pretty interesting and at least a valient attempt to unify the entire states Middle School wrestling Programs http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/wr/boys/wrJrHighManual.pdf

Interesting read thanks for the link.  I'm assuming other states like Illinois at least have some type of comprehensive MS plan, as well.

Ohio's Weight's from their rulebook:

16 classes: 80, 86, 92, 98, 104, 110, 116, 122, 128, 134, 142, 150, 160, 172, 205 and 245 (245 having a minimum weight of 205).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.